DD Contract provisons, as of May 2003

bdan2002

Under this contract, Coach Dickey’s base salary will go to $155,000 with additional 5% raises each year. Coach Dickey will also receive a $20,000 annuity at the completion of each season and a car allowance of $6,000 annually. During the term of the contract and through total incentives Coach Dickey’s compensation package can vary from $180,000 to just over $400,000 based on a variety of performance factors. Also included in the contract are buyout provisions ranging from $250,000 to a percentage of salary based on the time of the buyout should it occur.

humm..... rolleyes.gif

Uh Oh! blink.gif

Give it up, guys.

We have a Board of Regents who Bobby Ray is complete charge of (little cigar smokin' feller wields much power at UNT which DD should count his lucky stars); anyway, a Board controlled by BRay that will refuse to see how 4 bowl games was basically all about UNT backing into those games because most of the SBC/Bottom 10 (SBC teams all under .500 those 4 bowl years and most of that group just recently out of a NCAA D1-AA classification). Remember back during most of that time how those under. 500 SBC teams just could not get one bounce of the football their way while NT got every ball to bounce its way, ie, Miracle in the Desert for starters?

Even as bad as the SBC/Bottom 10 has been, look how many games UNT just barely won over all that group to even get to those 4 bowl games. FWIW, if 1-AA Troy U would have been in the SBC in 2001, they would have gone to the NO's Bowl because if you will recall, they beat UNT in 2001 (as a 1-AA school). blink.gif In light of many close wins over SBC/Bottom 10 schools, no one at UNT was ever heard saying the word, uh..........D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y.

The UNT Board of Regents are fartin' in the wind with their continuous rubber-stampin' of this whole football program that will (at best) if it improves, still be (as many of you have coined) the Best of the Worst, that is, only rising to the top of the SBC/Bottom 10 but at the same time still ranked in the 100's among the other 118 NCAA D1-A schools. ph34r.gif

What this boils down to, Mean Green troops, is that we are going to have to pay for the sins of a UNT Board that just keeps annually approving this mediocrity. Most of the other Board members I assume don't won't to challenge UNT's version of the Napoleon of the North (can't you just see a photo of Bobby Ray with hand inside shirt) so they will just approve another lost football year for our alma mater's football program and that being the 2006 season: Darrell Dickey's 9'th season at UNT and still not even close to reaching a .500 W/L record. I think UNT is setting some kind of NCAA record by hangin on to a coach that long with significant D1-A OOC wins you can count on one hand. 9 seasons of that and North Texans everywhere still continue to sleep and accept it all.

Bobby Ray and his Board of Regents don't see that this football season was the culmination of 3-4 poor recruiting classes because they just don't won't to see that. At some juncture, they will have to admit that they screwed up by giving DDickey all those contract extensions. How far do we have to bottom out with Mean Green/Dickey style football till they get around to doing that, though?

But wait till Bobby Ray and his Regents see this Winter's recruiting haul by Dickey and whoever his staff will be recruiting in the next few weeks. In fact, the Regents may need to consider hiring a Chuck Neinas-type consultant to come to our campus to give them an unbiased report on what we have really been getting at UNT with Darrell Dickey. We will never, never, never get such unbias with Bobby Ray since his family and the Dickeys supposedly even go on vacations together according to some of you for crissakes. Rule #1: Any employer should always keep a professional distance from any of its employees and Bobby Ray (cigar and all) just has not done this with DD.

Some of you were wondering what Coach Daddy (DD's dad) who along with ex NT AD and fellow Kansas St. connection Craig Helwig single-handedly (together) helped push his journeyman assistant coach son's getting the NT job in the first place; anyway, some of you were curious as to what Coach Daddy and Rick V could have possibley been discussing for 2 quarters in the end zone at the ASU game?

Might you assume that Coach Daddy was just trying to make sure that his son was not going to succumb to the wishes of many good college football fans in Denton who know their college football? And Coach Daddy during his discussion with Rick V getting an affirmation from our NT AD that his son was not going to get canned after this season? Canned? For his son to get fired for what he even probably recognizes (as an ex NCAA D1-A coach) was a blatantly poor example of leadership at a D1 level by a son after a series of poor recruiting years at UNT that has now suddenly shown up on the football field? And all this with losses to "ONLY" the worst teams in NCAA D1-A, ie, the SBC/Bottom 10? Now which one of you wants to really sugar coat all of that?

That would be my guess among many of the things those 2 talked about in the endzone for 2 quarters during the ASU game. For the life of me, I still can't believe how Texans allowed that Kansas State connetion years ago to conduct such a bloodless hiring coup that only had an unprecedented "ONE" name on a list of candidates for the NT head football coaches job. Have we at UNT put new meaning into the word: Duh............?

You pissed about this football season? Wait till next year, you haven't seen the bottoming out of Dickey Ball yet. Check the 2006 NT football schedule--just how many legit wins do you see on that 2006 NT football schedule? (Sorta' wish our Regents would look at that 2006 schedule, too, but how would they ever have time to since they are busy being experts at how to annually approve a successful "Bottom 10" college football program? ph34r.gif

The $64,000 question is just how much longer will the NT Board of Regents keep the one off the payroll who will take this Mean Green football program to the next level? Just how long will this NT Board of Regents continue to allow this bogus coaching job by one who should really still be an assistant coach at, lets say, SMU (since he only gave the Ponies one year of service before the KSU guys pulled their sleeves up and went to work in Denton); and all of that activity taking place while, uh............the University of North Texas community slept. sad.gif

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Plumm-

I say let us wait until the end of next year to make a coaching decision.

As far as what RV and Daddy Dickey were saying....who knows??

Granted, I was not satisfied with a 2-9 season!!!......But.....this, probably, had to be one of the youngest teams that DD has had to work with since his tenure.

At least this year DD began to get away from the run run draw offense that was the trademark of Dickey Ball, agree?? We saw this in the comments of the ASU coach who said that UNT was begining to spread out the offense and was passing more.

Next year we will see if DD can produce with the team that has one more year experience with the QB's and the other starting freshmen and sophmores.

Plumm-

I say let us wait until the end of next year to make a coaching decision.

Granted, I was not satisfied with a 2-9 season!!!......But.....this, probably, had to be one of the youngest teams that DD has had to work with since his tenure. 

At least this year DD began to get away from the run run draw offense that was the trademark of Dickey Ball, agree??  We saw this in the comments of the ASU coach who said that UNT was begining to spread out the offense and was passing more.

Next year we will see if DD can produce with the team that has one more year experience with the QB's and the other starting freshmen and sophmores.

Come on, ee, take the glasses off. smile.gif

But "8" years under .500 with DD and look where we are in his "8'th" year?

Quite frankly, DD has been a public relations disaster on the radio for years with our fans/alums so this with many of us is more than just about a pathetic under .500 record with 8 years of Dickey Ball. Do we give him the same number of years UNT officials have given our Lady Eagles BB coach? 17 years and still under .500. Do those people up there know that some out here actually know what is really going on with their little Texas state-supported/Texas taxpayers supported fraternity up there?

There is one out there who will take UNT to the next level and way above SBC/Bottom 10 football. We need not linger too long by keeping him off the UNT payroll, either.

ee, with the MG team you saw this year and looking at our 2006 football schedule (with our toughest SBC games on the road) just how many legit wins do you see a DD-led football team getting next Fall?

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

You are right, who knows? I do know that Daddy Dickey approached me on the deck during the 3rd quarter. When I looked up he asked if I was drinking a beer. I told him no, and he said he sure could use a stiff drink. At first I didn't realize who it was, but then I remembered meeting him at the NT/MUTS watching party in Houston. He paced a path around the tables between each play.

Plum-

We will have to agree to disagree. I understand your point of view.

To rehash the SOS again I am willing to wait one more year to see what happens.

Granted DD's record is dismal for the time he has been here--OOC and overall.

His first four years a 28% percent win rate and the last four 54%. Ok, these are stats again but what it shows me is some sort of progress.

As far as how many games we win next year??? With the improvement we all saw in our QB situation and a year under everyone's belt I would go out on the limb and say we win all the SBC games and if we are lucky one of the OOC games.

Texas will be coming off their National Championship season.

SMU is 5-6 (this is the OOC game I would like to see us win).

LaTech won 7

Tulsa won 6 or 7

Plum-

We will have to agree to disagree.  I understand your point of view.

To rehash the SOS again I am willing to wait one more year to see what happens.

Granted DD's record is dismal for the time he has been here--OOC and overall.

His first four years a 28% percent win rate and the last four 54%.  Ok, these are stats again but what it shows me is some sort of progress.

As far as how many games we win next year??? With the improvement we all saw in our QB situation and a year under everyone's belt I would go out on the limb and say we win all the SBC games and if we are lucky one of the OOC games.

Texas will be coming off their National Championship season.

SMU is 5-6 (this is the OOC game I would like to see us win).

LaTech won 7

Tulsa won 6 or 7

ALL WILL BE LOSSES, some by double digits, the first may be triple digits. You want 2005 stats:

1) The worst defeat in the history of a 50+ year old Fouts Field (54-2 Tulsa, a team we dominated for years with less paid coaches , facilities, less crowd support)

2) Follow up with another 54 point debacle to KSU, a Big 12 also ran

3) The first all defeated at home schedule since 1982 and only the second in the history of Fouts Field

4)A finish of DEAD LAST in the SBC so we now can claim the "worst of the worst" title ( even though tied with FIU & FAU check the head to head and season totals and NT is hands down the worst)

5) A string of 2 consecutive losses to a team having only fielded a FB team for 5 years( FAU)

6) A near loss to a team playing FB only 4 years (FIU)

7) A final Seagrin rating that would place us in a tie for 6th in the Southland

Talk all you want about youth, rebuilding, whinning over funds, lack of support--- the FACT is several coaches here have done much more with much less than DD has been given-- the question is not do we want this program drug even further down in one more year, it is do we as a university intend to commit to being a REAL 1-A program? With Dr. Pohl the answer was a resounding yes. W/O him I have serious doubts. With a faculty dominated new president there is absolutely no chance. As for your hope to beat SMU in 2006-- I'll lay you plenty of good odds against that. Phil Bennet knows who he is playing and will soundly beat us just like the whipping boy, thug type program we have created!!! mad.gif

ALL WILL BE LOSSES, some by double digits, the first may be triple digits. You want 2005 stats:

1) The worst defeat in the history of a 50+ year old Fouts Field (54-2 Tulsa, a team we dominated for years with less paid coaches , facilities, less crowd support)

2) Follow up with another 54 point debacle to KSU, a Big 12 also ran

3) The first all defeated at home schedule since 1982 and only the second in the history of Fouts Field

4)A finish of DEAD LAST in the SBC so we now can claim the "worst of the worst" title ( even though tied with FIU & FAU check the head to head and season totals and NT is hands down the worst)

5) A string of 2 consecutive losses to a team having only fielded a FB team for 5 years( FAU)

6) A near loss to a team playing FB only 4 years (FIU)

7) A final Seagrin rating that would place us in a tie for 6th in the Southland

Talk all you want about youth, rebuilding, whinning over funds, lack of support--- the FACT is several coaches here have done much more with much less than DD has been given-- the question is not do we want this program drug even further down in one more year, it is do we as a university intend to commit to being a REAL 1-A program? With Dr. Pohl the answer was a resounding yes. W/O him I have serious doubts. With a faculty dominated new president there is absolutely no chance. As for your hope to beat SMU in 2006-- I'll lay you plenty of good odds against that. Phil Bennet knows who he is playing and will soundly beat us just like the whipping boy, thug type program we have created!!! mad.gif

You should raise this at RVs next quarterly report. Very good points.

We will never, never, never get such unbias with Bobby Ray since his family and the Dickeys supposedly even go on vacations together according to some of you for crissakes.  GOD BLESS TEXAS! 

And PlummMeanGreen is supposedly not a communist plot to over run Denton county. But we know the TRUTH!

GOD BLESS DENTON COUNTY!