Aberration?

redallover

Is it the lack of a top notch QB? It's touch to replace a warrior like Scott Hall. You obviously have a stable of RB and tonight we saw the defense, but that was lacking against TU and KSU. So what gives?

I listened on the radio. What was the crowd like? A friend of mine from work (north Plano) was going to the game tonight. He's a UNT alum but a huge Michigan fan since he's from there.

My wife works at SMU and I follow the 'Stangs a lot. They don't have a solid QB or offense either. Well, you seem to certainly have the RBs but what about your O-Line?

Close game tonight and other than the punt fumble at your 17, the game goes to the MG. Given tonight's result and with Troy being ranked like SMU (not a big accomplishment) http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm

and you having already beaten MTSU on the road, who just beat 4-0 Vandy at their house, what do you think? It seems like the MG can still sweep the conference.

The students show up, late but I was glad to look across the field and see the green give away shirts and blow noise deals.

Still good game day football. I will be at the rest of the games. It is just a great pregame atmospher that makes my kid and those I bring impressed. I will sitck with this team untill it is no longer fun win or lose.

shutter

I sat in the student section... even though the crowd was smaller than the Tulsa one, they were much rowdier. Of course, it emptied slowly after it started to look bad mid 3rd quarter.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why nobody really makes much noise while we are on defense. It was better today than it has been in a while, but our crowds as a whole just don't provide a confrontational environment for opposing teams.

I sat in the student section... even though the crowd was smaller than the Tulsa one, they were much rowdier.  Of course, it emptied slowly after it started to look bad mid 3rd quarter. 

For the life of me, I can't figure out why nobody really makes much noise while we are on defense.  It was better today than it has been in a while, but our crowds as a whole just don't provide a confrontational environment for opposing teams.

That drives me crazy, it seems like we make more noise when our offense is on the field and about to snap the ball.

Maybe it is me but it also seems like the cheerleaders have run chants while the offense is snapping the ball, (I hope I am wrong)

Did anyone notice the bangers they handed out tonight had instructions on them to only use when the defense was on the field. Hard to believe football fans need to be told this.

Guest JohnDenver

It said on the bangers to only use them when North Texas is on defense. It had my rolling ... very funny.

It is hard to yell for defense, I am not convinced the players know we are even there. We are half a mile away.

I really miss being able to walk out onto the field with the team afterwards.