Promotions to get a crowd next Tuesday!

Green Grenade II

Listen up, folks.....Athletics would never think of this...but we must fill the enzone bleachers...get the word out to every elementary and middle school principal in the North Texas area, and invite all kids to attend the game for $1 general admission (endzone bleachers-both ends). This should already have been done. They will bring their parents and they can also get in general admission for $1. We HAVE to look as full as possible for the TV game. I cannot imagine we'll have that many on the pressbox side, but I expect lots of students.

And remember, I'm bringing my duck. Go! Mean Green!!!!!

Goodbye Ramon! Coach Dickey will be here plenty long enough, so we'd better hope we find a running game to go with some kind of passing game because Troy ain't comin' here to shop downtown Denton. They want to end our conference winning streak. I hope we can hold it together October 4th, because if we fail, there will not be enough fans the next home game to play bridge.

$1.00 for end zone seating .....  That is all they are worth anyway because of the distance to the field!!!

A buck is too much to sit out there in the bleachers. What they ought to do is let people sit in the bleachers for free and hope they buy food and t-shirts and stuff to make some money.

I may be crazy, but I think there's a cheaper alternative to building a whole new stadium. That would be to build a separate track facility, then renovate the existing stadium to move seats closer to the field.

I'm no architect, so I don't know if it would work, but surely it would be better than have end zone seats in a separate zip code.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

A buck is too much to sit out there in the bleachers.  What they ought to do is let people sit in the bleachers for free and hope they buy food and t-shirts and stuff to make some money. 

I may be crazy, but I think there's a cheaper alternative to building a whole new stadium.  That would be to build a separate track facility, then renovate the existing stadium to move seats closer to the field.

I'm no architect, so I don't know if it would work, but surely it would be better than have end zone seats in a separate zip code.

My understanding was that they did a cost analysis on doing just this and it would cost almost as much to move the sides in closer to the field as it would to build a new stadium. Think of how hard it would be to move the alumni side. It would be an amazing engineering feat, if it could be done at all.

My understanding was that they did a cost analysis on doing just this and it would cost almost as much to move the sides in closer to the field as it would to build a new stadium.  Think of how hard it would be to move the alumni side.  It would be an amazing engineering feat, if it could be done at all.

You wouldn't move the sides in closer, you would lower the field, take out the track, and just continue the seating down to the new sideline. This has been discussed in the past, and it seems that due to issues with the water table, they can only dig down about 6 feet, which would not be enough.

Besides, there is still some question about TXDOT taking a big chunk of the Fouts field property for their "widening 35" project.