Enough is Enough!

OXatUNT

ok.... I've had absolutely enough of this!

WTF are you people smoking.....?

How long have we been a D-1 school... and now since we've won 4 SBC titles were supposed to be National Champions in year 5! And since we've lost that National Trophy dream we need to fire the coach!

Just because you can stomp LSU on your XBOX doesn't mean that it's going to be reality!

Let me ask you a simple question.

Where do you think we would play a bowl game if we went 12 - 0?

....... got the answer yet ..........

NOT RANKED and that's right the NO BOWL..!!!!!

The ONLY reason that Troy was asked to play a bowl game last year was because there were only 2 bowl eligible teams! They went with the team they thought people would want to see and not because they had more OCC wins than the other one.

Ok here's another question for you.

How many Seniors do we have?

........ 4

no I didn't stutter..... 4 as in 1, 2, 3, 4 Seniors. And 53 Freshman!!!!!!

Class Breakdown

Freshmen 53

Sophomores 20

Juniors 20

Seniors 4

How in the world can you expect a team this young to magically have the experience and composure to succeed in the situations they've faced so far!

EVERYONE needs to take a Prozac and calm the F@&$ down.

If you want miracles go watch Benny Hinn!

HEY! Lay off Benny Hinn! He is the real deal. rolleyes.gif

But seriously, I don't give a crap what peoples opinions are at this point if they're still showing up at the games. If you are at the game and screaming at DD fine. But if you are screaming and saying you're going to quit coming to games you're wasting all of our time.

Carry on. smile.gif

How long have we been a D-1 school... and now since we've won 4 SBC titles were supposed to be National Champions in year 5! And since we've lost that National Trophy dream we need to fire the coach!

Just because you can stomp LSU on your XBOX doesn't mean that it's going to be reality!

Let me ask you a simple question.

The ONLY reason that Troy was asked to play a bowl game last year was because there were only 2 bowl eligible teams! They went with the team they thought people would want to see and not because they had more OCC wins than the other one.

........ 4

Class Breakdown

Freshmen 53

Sophomores 20

Juniors 20

Seniors 4

How in the world can you expect a team this young to magically have the experience and composure to succeed in the situations they've faced so far!

If I read the Roster correctly that is 14 Seniors.

32 Hopovac, Denis PK 5-10 181 Sr. Dallas, TX (W.T. White HS)

42 Thompson, Travis LB 6-2 225 Sr. (NE Oklahoma A&M)

46 Early, Shawn LB 6-0 215 Sr. Jacksonville, FL (Ribault HS)

66 Lineberry, Dylan OL 6-3 310 Sr. Houston, TX (North Shore HS)

8 Covington, TaRon DB 6-2 190 Sr. Coffeyville, KS (Coffeyville JC)

52 Miller, Chris DT 6-1 270 Sr. Stillwater, OK (Stillwater HS)

98 Hutchinson, Eli DE 6-4 240 Sr. Oklahoma City, OK (NE Oklahoma A&M)

34 Branch, Ja'Mel DB 5-7 171 Sr. Katy, TX (Katy HS)

64 May, Jason OL 6-4 295 Sr. Graham, TX (Graham HS)

29 Bazaldua, Nick PK 5-10 171 Sr. DeSoto, TX (DeSoto HS)

68 Patterson, Ephraim OL 6-3 280 Sr. Crosby, TX (Crosby HS)

43 Cobbs, Patrick RB 5-9 205 Sr. Tecumseh, OK (Tecumseh HS)

77 Vanderslice, Robbie OL 6-4 265 Sr. The Colony, TX (The Colony HS)

26 Starks, Cass DB 6-1 205 Sr. Denton, TX (Ryan HS)

And if we went 12-0 this year we would be on track to great fan support, creditability, large donations, and yes we probably would get ranked this year just because of the hype.

Not that I expect to go 12-0 either.

........ 4

Class Breakdown

Freshmen 53

Sophomores 20

Juniors 20

Seniors 4

What have you been smoking. Our roster includes:

44 Freshman(that includes red-shirts that have been practicing and in the system for 1 year)

22 Sophomores

20 Juniors

12 Seniors

Team youth and inexperience explains the crappy performance in this years non-conference schedule. How about the last 10 years?

We have been back at D1A since 1995. Boise State made the move up the same year(they were Division 2 from 1973-1977, D1AA from 1978-1995). Let's look at their records during that span:

1995: 7-4

1996: 2-10

1997: 4-7

1998: 6-5

1999: 10-3

2000: 10-2

2001: 8-4

2002: 12-1 (AP #15, Coaches #12)

2003: 13-1 (AP #16, Coaches #15)

2004: 13-1 (AP #12, Coaches #13)

4-1 in Bowl games in that span. They seem to be doing alright and they have to recruit kids to IDAHO. 81 of the players are from out of state.

As far as I can tell, we have only lost one game this year that we should have won, the Tulsa game. Was it an ass whooping? Absolutely. But it snowballed on us and things get out of hand when they go that way. Folks, we are 1-2 right now and could be back to .500 in 1 week. We have started off much worse in my opinion. I am chalking this year up to a growing year either way - we need to get better this year, not worry about winning a 5th consecutive Sun Belt championship. If we rebuild properly this year then we will be ready for SMU next year. That is my focus right now.

I got that roster info from ESPN... I admit not the most reliable source for NT info.

Even if we have 14 Seniors the point is we are a VERY young team.

"If you are at the game and screaming at DD fine. But if you are screaming and saying you're going to quit coming to games you're wasting all of our time."

I live in Houston and because of work obligations I can only make 1 or 2 games a year. However I am active in the Gulf Coast Alumni group here and donate what I can to the program.

http://www.megspace.com/sports/texasorange...ise%20State.xls

With a quick scan according to the website above They have played a total of 10 "Big" programs from 1995 - 2004. We've played at least 3 a year in that same timespan.

I'm happy for Boise State. I'm glad that they had the ability to create a bowl game for them selves.

My point is that just because we may go 1-11 this year we shouldn't pile on the "sky is falling" band wagon.

Love the great blasting of fans with the wrong data set, guess my Applied Geography was right when he said you can make any data lie for your own opinion. 

LOL, just more enabling.

We are young on Defense. We are going to give up points. No one denied that in August. We are NOT young on offense. In fact, this may be one of our deepest offenses yet. We replaced one O line veteran with a rookie. ONE. We have 4 linemen who have 40 starts among them. That's not a young O line. We replaced our QB with a rookie and replaced a tightend with a veteran. But we gained our most experienced weapon, our most top running back in history. That gives us two at that position and we have done nothing but muck it up.

We basically lost in experience, 3 people on offense.

I'll ask again, if we are going to suck on offense so bad every year when we have to replace 3, 4, 5 like most offenses, then something is wrong with the system in it's ability to move the ball and needs to change. And we know that isn't going to happen, which is the most frustrating thing about it.

As several of our fans and Lettermen have stated to me personally and on this board. We expect progress. An offense returning this many starters averaging less than 135 yards a game is NOT PROGRESS.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Here is a break down of the 14 listed seniors.

32 Hopovac, Denis PK 5-10 181 Sr. Dallas, TX (W.T. White HS) -- Kicks off, can be easily replaced.

42 Thompson, Travis LB 6-2 225 Sr. (NE Oklahoma A&M) -- according to his mother, who post on here, he is a junior. But has seen limited playing time, and has not contributed to the failure or success as of yet.

46 Early, Shawn LB 6-0 215 Sr. Jacksonville, FL (Ribault HS) -- Red shirting, should return as a starter next season.

66 Lineberry, Dylan OL 6-3 310 Sr. Houston, TX (North Shore HS) -- If he graduates, will receive an additional year of eligibility. If he doesn’t take care of school work, will be hard to replace.

8 Covington, TaRon DB 6-2 190 Sr. Coffeyville, KS (Coffeyville JC) -- Starting Corner, who talks way to much trash. Will be hard to replace.

52 Miller, Chris DT 6-1 270 Sr. Stillwater, OK (Stillwater HS) -- Has been one of most consistent DL players. Will be missed.

98 Hutchinson, Eli DE 6-4 240 Sr. Oklahoma City, OK (NE Oklahoma A&M) -- Starting DE, but has been largely ineffective this season. Can easily be replaced by someone already on team.

34 Branch, Ja'Mel DB 5-7 171 Sr. Katy, TX (Katy HS) -- Starting Corner, who needs to be a senior leader. Will be missed, but can be replaced.

64 May, Jason OL 6-4 295 Sr. Graham, TX (Graham HS) -- Starting OL, will be missed, but can be replaced.

29 Bazaldua, Nick PK 5-10 171 Sr. DeSoto, TX (DeSoto HS) -- One of top five players on team. Will be the hardest to replace.

68 Patterson, Ephraim OL 6-3 280 Sr. Crosby, TX (Crosby HS) -- Backup OL, played in one game. Can easily be replaced.

43 Cobbs, Patrick RB 5-9 205 Sr. Tecumseh, OK (Tecumseh HS) -- Star of the team, holds NT all-time rushing record, top player in Sun Belt conference. Hard to replace, but JaMo will do it.

77 Vanderslice, Robbie OL 6-4 265 Sr. The Colony, TX (The Colony HS) -- Good backup on OL, can be replaced.

26 Starks, Cass DB 6-1 205 Sr. Denton, TX (Ryan HS) -- Reserve DB, who has not played a snap this year. Easily replaced.

3 should return if things go right (Thompson, Early & Lineberry).

2 have played little or not at all (Patterson, Starks).

2 future NT Hall of Famer (Cobbs, Bazaldua).

Eight are starters. But that is out of 24 positions, including punter and place kicker,

Edited by GreenBat

What have you been smoking. Our roster includes:

44 Freshman(that includes red-shirts that have been practicing and in the system for 1 year)

22 Sophomores

20 Juniors

12 Seniors

Team youth and inexperience explains the crappy performance in this years non-conference schedule. How about the last 10 years?

We have been back at D1A since 1995. Boise State made the move up the same year(they were Division 2 from 1973-1977, D1AA from 1978-1995). Let's look at their records during that span:

1995: 7-4

1996: 2-10

1997: 4-7

1998: 6-5

1999: 10-3

2000: 10-2

2001: 8-4

2002: 12-1 (AP #15, Coaches #12)

2003: 13-1 (AP #16, Coaches #15)

2004: 13-1 (AP #12, Coaches #13)

4-1 in Bowl games in that span. They seem to be doing alright and they have to recruit kids to IDAHO. 81 of the players are from out of state.

And, you ignore that fact the Boise community supports the team, the school administration supports it, it gets extra money every year for having a bowl game on its campus that they have used to upgrade its facilities.

Other than the fact that both were once Division I-AA schools, there is no comparison between UNT and Boise State. The folks around their program have always been committed to making it succeed; ours are dragged, kicking and screaming to the idea.

Apples and oranges.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Other than the fact that both were once Division I-AA schools, there is no comparison between UNT and Boise State.  The folks around their program have always been committed to making it succeed; ours are dragged, kicking and screaming to the idea.

Apples and oranges.

huh?

No comparison?

How about being in the same conference from 1996-2000.

As far as I can tell, we have only lost one game this year that we should have won, the Tulsa game.  Was it an ass whooping?  Absolutely.  But it snowballed on us and things get out of hand when they go that way.  Folks, we are 1-2 right now and could be back to .500 in 1 week.  We have started off much worse in my opinion.  I am chalking this year up to a growing year either way - we need to get better this year, not worry about winning a 5th consecutive Sun Belt championship.  If we rebuild properly this year then we will be ready for SMU next year.  That is my focus right now.

THANK YOU!!!!...That is it in a nutshell. No need for any more bickering about any of this. Young teams need time... I'm all for doing the best we can this year, and let DD work his magic on them for next season. Not giving up....wising up. Wins or losses wont determine my views of this team this year. Way too much inexperience out there. But also a lot of talent.

Play their best...win what they can. Either way, they've earned our faith. As for the season good or bad, I'll be there to see it. Cant be worse than what we've seen already? No way to go but up.

GMG!!!

there is no comparison between UNT and Boise State.

Apples and oranges.

Aside from being in the same conference for 4 years, you are right, there is no comparison, they've passed our rogram. And even when we were in the same conference, and beat them a couple of times, I remember them haning 50+ on us.

And, you ignore that fact the Boise community supports the team, the school administration supports it, it gets extra money every year for having a bowl game on its campus that they have used to upgrade its facilities. 

Other than the fact that both were once Division I-AA schools, there is no comparison between UNT and Boise State.  The folks around their program have always been committed to making it succeed; ours are dragged, kicking and screaming to the idea.

Apples and oranges.

So it's more appealing to play in Boise, Idaho than in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area?????

Since we're talking about things that we're getting tired of hearing, I want to list "look how long we've been a D-1 program" as the most irritating quote that I have to listen to. We used to play in D-1! From the mid-50's until 1981! And we were beating D-1 teams when we were 1-AA! In fact, our best 1-AA coach has more D-1 OCC wins than our current coach......with 20 fewer "ships" and MUCH WORSE FACILITIES! AND MUCH WORSE ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT! And NOT ONCE did this coach ever talk about "us against them" when he had every right to do so.

Stop saying "we've only been D-1 since 1995"! mad.gif That implies that we started our football program totally from scratch and THAT IT NEVER EXSISTED BEFORE 1995. mad.gif