MTSU Better Team?

GrandGreen

Guest Aquila_Viridis

E-ghad! I think you might be onto something.  laugh.gif

-gm

I think you meant to say 'Eureka!' Oh I've got more. How about this one. If a gunfighter shoots himself in the foot, and the other guy shoots him, he is a dead gunfighter. No one is going to say 'now there is a better gunfighter'.

Let's just say that the team that wins is the better team.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Tennes...tate_University

Mascot

MTSU's mascot is a blue pegasus named "Lightning". MTSU's original mascot was a student dressed as Nathan Bedford Forrest, the Confederate General who later formed the Ku Klux Klan. Due to sensitivities within the African-American community, the mascot was changed to a blue-colored scent hound dog named "Ole Blue" in the 1970s. The current "Lightning" mascot was adopted in 1998, when the athletics department updated its image in preparation for the 1999 upgrade to Division I-A football and subsequent transfer to the Sun Belt Conference.

Rivals

MTSU's chief football rivals are the University of North Texas Eagles. The chief basketball rivals are the Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers.

Can wikipedia be edited by anyone? Should we edit this to "University of North Texas Mean Green"?

This sounds familiar:

Trivia

Alumni and boosters have repeatedly tried to change the university's name to the University of Middle Tennessee, but the request has been consistently rejected by the Tennessee Board of Regents. Though the official reason is not known, speculation centers on The University Of Tennessee's efforts to stop such a change, so "UMT" would not be confused as being a member of the UT system, the other higher education organization in Tennessee.

I'd just like to point out that instaead of hand the ball off to our RB's, the coaches decided to put the game in the hands of a Freshman QB. If you look at yards per carry, Cobbs and Thomas certainly did their job. They were simply gone too far to infrequently, IMHO.

Good game though... The Freshman QB looked decent, and if he settles down a little and gets a little more experience under his belt, he'll be effective.

Remember, this is a young team. If we can prove we are good this year, we've got Thomas for 2 more seasons, and this QB for 3 more, in combination with squad that will have some real experience... We could be set up to run the table for the next few years! Should be fun!

I think many of us felt their pain post-game the other night, but MTSU will not be the better team in any year until they can show it on the scoreboard! What else are they wanting to use as their barometer? Is there something new on the horizon that we haven't heard of yet in MG Country that determines who is the better team other than the scoreboard when the final whistle blows?

The Blue Radas' will just need to stick with their national signing date Rivals recruitiing wins for now. rolleyes.gif They might also tell their Rivals friends that they sure don't know how to effectively evaluate Texas HS football talent, either. cool.gif