DD, JT, cobbs

Stan R

Guest e-bone

Another interview with DD only.

LINK

wow.  DD still really thinks it is hilarious to take pot shots at the alums.  It isn't.  mad.gif

That was hardly a pot shot. He was poking fun at himself just as much as he was at the "throw the ball Dickey" people.

The thing that I didn't like was how he said that Scott Hall lead the team to 4 bowl games. He was talking about needing someone to step up at QB and was referring to Hall being the man for a long time, so I'm assuming that he just didn't think about Andrew and our 2002 bowl victory.

----I don't think anyone really want a TxTech "throw it almost every down" offense. We just want to throw some and especially BE ABLE and THROW SOME when the opposing defense stacks up the line of scrimmage as happened in New Orleans last December. This allows our capable running game to excell when the opponent has to respect the passing game. If the passing game really works then use it even more.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Coach Dickey was basically right.. I think he was refferring to Section E from last year. We started screaming "Why dont we risk it and throw ONE freakin pass to Quinn or Muzzy.....just try it????!!!"...during the last few games. My promise was not to yell at Coach Dickey last year, and I didnt. The man is greatness. I did, however yell at Ramon Flannigan. Somehow I always felt better afterwards.

Now I wish I had started doing that years ago....hehehe.

GMG!!! biggrin.gif

In this case he is right... I do think he would run the ball 60 times if he could.  ohmy.gif

In the history of modern NCAA D1-A college football, has there ever been a former NCAA D1-A QB who would became a D1-A head football coach who was so dedicated to running the football? blink.gif

Now it is fun to watch the Mean Green's Sir Patrick Cobbs and Super Jamario Thomas break those long runs from scrimmage, but to the casual fan, that group might want to see a few more passes now and then.

Whatever offense helps us win football games is fine with me.

greeneagle87, I just have to say that everytime anyone mentions Aubrey, I think of the PA guy at Aubrey games with that rising inflection "colt DAVIS, of the chaparRALS, on the CARRy."

Where's Davis thinking about going to college, btw?

Edited by illuvius32