I've been to RustOn twice..the only town...

Actually, that's the main hang-out there, I think. The only time RustOn is a "booming town" is on the 4th of July. The tooth fairy is the town drunk, and is a cult leader there. Loser Tech fans are funny, though. They actually think they're gonna win when The Mean Green "Running Machine" comes to town. Their stadium is actually slightly smaller than Fouts, but they only have a goat track around the field. They have more rest rooms, though, if you count the outhouses. The concession stands will also include the concession speech their coach will make to Coach Dickey at games' end.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cfootballrules

Some of you North Texas fans are insane. Byron Santiago and other Tech linebackers are gonna eat Thomas and Cobbs for dinner. Tech will win by at least 10 even if they play a bad game. Then you can go back and beat up on the joke teams in the Sun Belt.

The truth hurts doesn't it?

The truth sure does hurt Tech if these are some of the 'studs" that led the vaunted Bulldog defense last year that gave up over 31 points, 407+ yards total offense and 176+ yards rushing per game? WOW, now that's impressive rolleyes.gif

Edited by MeanGreen61

Guest cfootballrules

Look who Tech played. Tennessee, Miami, Auburn, Boise, Fresno. North Texas did not play ONE team of that caliber. North Texas has 2 good RB's but what good are they with no QB, WR, or O-Line?

Look who Tech played. Tennessee, Miami, Auburn, Boise, Fresno. North Texas did not play ONE team of that caliber. North Texas has 2 good RB's but what good are they with no QB, WR, or O-Line?

I would say Texas, Colorado, and Southern Miss who we played were on that level. The easy thing about two good RBs is you only have to find a QB who can hand off correctly; left or right RB, pick your poison. biggrin.gif

I would say Texas, Colorado, and Southern Miss who we played were on that level. The easy thing about two good RBs is you only have to find a QB who can hand off correctly; left or right RB, pick your poison. biggrin.gif

Remember also, that Louisana Tech's coaching staff actually draw their plays up in a sandbox located right next to where the Bulldogs eat their pre-game meals (provided the town drunk remembers to fix them there meals). They really have tough entrance requirements for new students coming to Tech (usually blindfolded). They have to prove their SAT comes before SUN!

The funny lines just keep coming!

You are really too much!

Town drunk! That is really funny! You are just too cool for me.

You know, between me, you and this computer screen, Ruston just wants to be like Denton. How lucky you are to live in cultural mecca like Denton.

Then where will NT go? To 1-AA?

Sure, it's going to be NCAA I-AA for NT, that is why we are putting together a 200 acre olympic-style village called Mean Green Athletic Village with already $40 million worth of facilities complete. A 12-13 court varsity tennis complex that will probably rank in the NCAA's Top 25 on-campus facilities is now under construction at the MG Athletic Village, too.

NT's campus fathers (and TxDOT who has decreed to NT that it needs some interstate frontage land next to our present football stadium) say they want to build a new football stadium at this Mean Green Athletic Village; a stadium that will probably seat around 35-40,000 just like you'd see at any NCAA D1-AA school.smile.gif

Yeppers! It's all the way to 1-AA for NT where all this construction and growth would be just the kind of criteria and action you'd expect to see at any 1-AA football school locale. rolleyes.gif

NOT...................... tongue.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Guest cfootballrules

The biggest budget in the world doesn't mean your team will be great. Wow you got nice facilities and a below average football team. LA. Tech has below average facilities and a pretty good team. Hmmmm... I think I will go with LA. Tech on that one.

Edited by cfootballrules

The biggest budget in the world doesn't mean your team wil be great. Wow you got nice facilities and a below average football team. LA. Tech has below average facilities and a pretty good team. Hmmmm... I think I will go with LA. Tech on that one.

BTW, the year (2003) we clobbered Baylor at our campus stadium was the same year the Bears beat the Texas A & M Aggies. You think TAMU is headed to NCAA D1-AA, too? rolleyes.gif

La Tech is a legend in their own minds. NT will beat them by 3 (maybe) 4 touchdowns this October because they will not have ever had a team visit Ruston with 2 RB's as good as what the University of North Texas Mean Green will be bringing to their J.A. Stadium AND their smarter (more realistic) posters on BB & B's know this.

NOTE: One of those 2 NT running backs ran for about 260 yards against a Big 12 school ranked as the #4 ranked rushing defense before we played them. Now you think La Tech is going to answer NORTH TEXAS with as good a defense as Colorados? If so, I've got some ocean front property out here 15 miles west of Fort Worth I want to talk to you about. laugh.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Guest cfootballrules

Wow you beat Baylor good job. Tech beat OK. State the year they beat Oklahoma when they won the national title. North Texas has no Cadillac Williams or Ronnie Brown so I am not worried. NT does not have an offensive line to block for them. Your 2 stud running backs sure ran over Southern Miss last year. hahaha

Wow you beat Baylor good job. Tech beat OK. State the year they beat Oklahoma when they won the national title. North Texas has no Cadillac Williams or Ronnie Brown so I am not worried. NT does not have an offensive line to block for them. Your 2 stud running backs sure ran over Southern Miss last year. hahaha

OK enough, now you are grasping for straws and showing your ignorance concerning our football team.

La Tech is no Southern Miss and last November the #4 ranked Cal Bears almost had as much as they themselves could handle with the Golden Eagles because USM almost beat them on national TV.

But our offensive line you are obviously no expert on it as well. FWIW, our Mean Green offensive line will "only" be anchored by recent Outland Trophy nominee Dylan Lineberry who is probably another NT player who will be playing on Sundays once he finishes his career at NT.

I'm outta here on that one. You need to be posting more inciteful & researched material, because as you know, this is a college smack board that requires that all posts be inciteful. rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Wow you beat Baylor good job. Tech beat OK. State the year they beat Oklahoma when they won the national title.

You conveniently left out the rest of your story:

SMU ( 3-9) beat ya 37- 34

Rice (4-7) beat ya 37-20

San Jose (6-7) beat ya 42-30

user posted image

Edited by MeanGreen61