Found nice UNT NCAA licensed Polo

untbowler

Yes, on Main St.

I'll try and load a pic later tonight.

Basically it is a brighter green w/ white down the sides and under arms.

Looks pretty nice, and it is the cool mesh type material.

Guess I am not competent enough to post a pic so PM me and I'll sedn you the picture of the polo.

Sorry

sad.gif

Edited by untbowler

If any alum is going to try to match your 2005 Mean Green gear with the new color we are now going to be using, I am not sure we will always match the greens exactly, but best rule of thumb is to go for the green that is somewhere between our old apple green and the hunter (dark) green, and that will many times simply be kelly green.

Looked at Wal Mart' selection today and kelly green seems to be coming back strong. Wal Mart had several shirts with something close to our new green and the brand Athletic Works has some "below the knees" shorts that was what they called elf green (which was really closer to kelly green) and I bought them for future use. blink.gif

Anyway, most of us liked the dark green we've been using a few years now, but I think we will all like the results of seeing our fans dressed out in the brighter green when the TV cameras scan our crowds during the course of football games that are on ESPN TV as well as the 2005 NT Football Highlights DVD.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

SAM'S CLUB has two styles of North Texas polos at the Lewisville store.

user posted image

Both are manufactured by PRO PLAYER, the sportswear apparel company that has the naming rights to the Miami Dolphins stadium and has an exclusive merchandising agreement with the Dolphins similar to what the Cowboys had negotiated with Nike.

The Two styles offered are all green with checkered white on the coller and sleeve ends, OR all green with a large white band that starts on the underside of the sleeves and runs down the sides. Both styles are made of COOLPLUS material which is constructed for warm weather use.

Unfortunately, the UNT logo is the the slanted UNT, not the latest logo design.

Well, at least I can pick up some great polo shirts in our new color. Too bad our new branding department dropped the ball on releasing the new logos to the right people in time for the 2005 season.

Too bad our new branding department dropped the ball on releasing the new logos to the right people in time for the 2005 season.

I think the "Friends of the Library" got first dibbs on getting the new logo designs from the branding committee, ADLER. Was walking on campus weeks before the official campus Branding Ceremony and the "Friends" already had the right shade of green AND the right logos as they whispered to each other (they're librarians--don't forget) and did some hardly noticeable high five-n' as well. tongue.gif (sorry, inside joke to some out there). smile.gif

PS: ADLER, thanks for the new info on the shirts and it is very encouraging that most of us are going to try to walk into Fouts Field on September 17'th with as close to the correct color green as we can. cool.gif The national, regional and local (news) TV cameras at Fouts Field will be the ones who telecast to all the very visable difference compared to what we had been wearing the past few years.

Wal Mart has a nice selection of kelly green type sportswear and I think Target does to (or they will). Since we changed back to kelly green, I've noticed that it really never completely lost its popularity on many stores clothes racks.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Jim you must be getting rusty.  That's the lousiest EXCUSE you've come up with to date.

Keep trying though, I like the effort.

Rick

I am taking it, Rick, that you are not on board with NT going back to what our school's official shade of green is really supposed to be?

Excuse?!?!?smile.gif I am reading my post once again to see where I am making an excuse and what I am making an excuse for. rolleyes.gif Have I missed something between the lines on this?

I am sure all at Fouts this Fall won't be wearing kelly green, but I'll give it 2-3 years with our most diverse and opinionated group and by then I think most will. Some will just get a head start in doing so this Fall.

Even when Hayden Fry had the apple green debut in 1973, I would be lying if I said all were wearing that color in the stands that first season--although I think most were by the end of that season. It caught on quite well and quite fast along with Rick Spear's futuristic eagle some call the flying worm.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Don't get too hung up on the shade of green thing. Case in point...go take a look at Longhorn gear at any UT game. You'll find at least 5 different shades of burnt orange. No kidding. Depending on the fabric and item...the shades will vary. No way around it. If there can be that many shades of burnt orange.......?

Don't get too hung up on the shade of green thing. Case in point...go take a look at Longhorn gear at any UT game.  You'll find at least 5 different shades of burnt orange.  No kidding.  Depending on the fabric and item...the shades will vary.  No way around it.  If there can be that many shades of burnt orange.......?

Well, variations in shades or not, any time there is a televised game at Memorial stadium, the crowd shots are ALWAYS a SEA OF ORANGE.......burnt or otherwise. The same goes for crowd shots at OU games.

Just once, I'd like to see a crowd shot at a North Texas game and KNOW that CLEARLY (because of a sea of green) it's a North Texas game. Usually our crowd shots are, at best, a mixed bag........that could have (to the casual observer) been taken at a concert or something.

Don't get too hung up on the shade of green thing. Case in point...go take a look at Longhorn gear at any UT game.  You'll find at least 5 different shades of burnt orange.  No kidding.  Depending on the fabric and item...the shades will vary.  No way around it.  If there can be that many shades of burnt orange.......?

5 different shades of burn't orange? blink.gif Surely the UT people have the burn't orange ink number that they have even shared with their Texas Exes?

I guess shade of color is just another one of those subjects that gets us through the long, hot summer?

At NT, you are just not going to make all the people happy all the time, but I will re-iterate what meanjoe says in his every post and thats something that really does amount to a hill a beans more than any shade of any color ever will:

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy season tickets

........Now those are 2 areas we all really need to agree because we do want to keep the store open and being successful at the same time, now don't we?

NT Ticket Office: 1-800-UNT-2366

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Basically it is a brighter green w/ white down the sides and under arms.

Looks pretty nice, and it is the cool mesh type material.

The shirts look very similar to the Nike shirts the coaching staff wore last season, except they are a lighter, brighter green and a slightly different cut.

user posted image