Let's invite SMU fans who want to see....

Let's see now, we play Tulsa at home on September 17th, and SMU is playing Texas A&M at Kyle Field. I'm sure several dozen fans will make that trip to see their Ponies get pounded, but for those Mustang fans wanting to hang closer to home, and wanting to experience winning football, let's invite them to visit Fouts Field, enjoy our fabulous tailgating and great parking and watch the Mean Green beat the h - ll out of Conference-USA Tulsa Golden Hurricane. They'll enjoy what college football is really all about...enthusiasm, the outstanding Green Brigade Marching Band, the Dance Team and fun, fun, fun. They'll get to see a game on the new turf they'll get beat on next year when the Mustangs are our opponent at Fouts!

In the spirit of true friendship, let's invite those bastards!

Guest JohnDenver

And if you win, we'll tear down your goal posts just like this ....

That guy on the right is wearing a bow tie...

A BOW TIE! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif lol: laugh.gif

Edited by JohnDenver

Evidently our shoes are off b/c the field's condition would be bad for our Sperry Topsiders, Rainbow Flip Flops, or Cole Haan loafers... I believe the man in the red and blue paint is hired for "atmosphere." That or he's a foreign exchange student pledging a fraterinty and it was some sort of practical joke.

Haha- I shouldn't make fun b/c I wear ties to games -- but the photoshopping of the Lacoste Ad into that picture made me laugh. What's the fun in life if you can't laugh at yourself (or peers in this case) anyways...

Evidently our shoes are off b/c the field's condition would be bad for our Sperry Topsiders, Rainbow Flip Flops, or Cole Haan loafers... I believe the man in the red and blue paint is hired for "atmosphere." That or he's a foreign exchange student pledging a fraterinty and it was some sort of practical joke.

Haha- I shouldn't make fun b/c I wear ties to games -- but the photoshopping of the Lacoste Ad into that picture made me laugh. What's the fun in life if you can't laugh at yourself (or peers in this case) anyways...

LOL! STOP IT YOU'RE KILLING ME!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Anyone notice the girl being "trampled"  Probably broke the heel of her Minolo's (sp)

Hell, you spelled whatever Italian designer bafoon's name better than I could pronounce it... She either tripped or stopped to pick up her sorority pin that she dropped. God forbit she get the $350 fine for losing that precious gem.

Haha- that picture is too funny. I wish I could've gotten out there but I was busy getting beat up by Event Staff. How did they attack me? (Sorry Stan R but you're probably going to keep laughing) -- they grabbed me by neck-tie and pulled on it until it started choking me... not joking. I had to choose between saving my neck and the flask of Rebel Yell in my pocket. Finally, I told the Event Staff person I would go back in the stands. She decided to stomp on my foot to re-engrain the point. Unfortunately, my Rainbow Flip-Flops matched my tie better than the Sperry's -- and I retreated to the stands with a bloody foot. But they sure showed me.

Oh, I love my alma mater ... but only at SMU can a football post-season celebration look like a Brooks Brothers advertisement...

Edited by SouthernMustang

Southern Mustang, you should get the GoMeanGreen "Post of the Year Award". That LaCoste picture and your great sense of humor in posting it over here is truly classic. Wish all football fans had a sense of humor like you do. laugh.gif

It's safe to say that you are officially invited to the tailgating area next year before our game with SMU. Heck, like Grenade suggested, come on out to the Tulsa game this year and mix with the GreenBackers.

Funny stuff!

Southern Mustang, you should get the GoMeanGreen "Post of the Year Award".  That LaCoste picture and your great sense of humor in posting it over here is truly classic.  Wish all football fans had a sense of humor like you do. laugh.gif

It's safe to say that you are officially invited to the tailgating area next year before our game with SMU.  Heck, like Grenade suggested, come on out to the Tulsa game this year and mix with the GreenBackers.

Funny stuff!

Well, thank you and if I'm in the area I will take y'all up.

If you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to be pretty miserable. I think an OU fan did the photoshopping of the Lacoste thing-- I just thought it was hilarious and thought y'all might get a kick out of it.

I don't get the Lacoste thing?? blink.gif

---Polo or Lacoste... whichever.... I had a freshman frat suite-mate (at UNT) for one semester that was extremely concerned about the label or the little horsey or gator on the front of his shirt. It fits many people's image of SMU as well. Funny stuff. He also spent more time in the mirror than most woman I have known. He thought he was real lady-killer.....LOL

Re: ties--times have reallly changed... In the 60's most people sorta of dressed-up to go to games and often wore ties even .... thank goodness that has changed. (look at old movies or sports films)

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Anyone notice the guy third from the left took the time to roll up the legs of his khakis before storming the field?

Evidently, Rebel Yell whiskey makes people forget that our field is NOT grass anymore. Or maybe, since we're a Southern-feel school, he decided to dress as a cross between Tucker Carlson and Huckleberry Finn for the occasion.

I like that tradition. If you go down into SEC country, many of the school's still do the same thing (esp. at Ole Miss, Vandy, Auburn, Bama, UGA, USC, UF). That's not just an SMU thing. Some schools in the ACC still do it as well like UNC and Wake I know for sure still do.

I was surprised that Baylor and TCU didn't follow suit as well.