UNTLifer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STEVE RAMSEY

1. Great drop back passer.

2. Set all sorts of records in 3 years.

3. NTSU got "robbed" in Arkansas in 1969 against #1 Arkansas when Ramsey hit Shanklin in the endzone and the SWC refs said he trapped it. Baloney!! It was as blatent a miscall as the University of Texas game was when the Texas Receiver caught the ball 3-4 yards "out" of the endzone at the end of the game. Even the Texas fans booooooed that call.

Mitch Maher,

You're AWESOME! I always wanted to tell you that. I saw a lot of your games

and you always blew me away with your talent, determination and leadership.

You did so much for the program and I will always appreciate you.

In your current role, you have to be a bit of a diplomat instead of just a rabid fan like we get to be and the vast majority of us understand that.

I hope you will keep up with us on the board and visit us when you can. I know that I would welcome your thoughts and opinions whenever you would care to include them.

Greensleeves

QB's I have seen in my time (or at least when i was paying attention, the guy that replaced Corky Nelson caused me to give up hope).

1. Greg Carter

2. Mitch Maher

3. Scott Davis

4. Jason Mills

5. Richard Bridges

6. Goofy kid, threw for a ton of yards against Alabama, got the big head, transfered out, never to be heard from again.

7. Scott Hall

8. Andrew Smith

9. Mike Rhone (turned into a very good safety)

10. Gene Pool (turned into a very good corner)

11. Jordan Case-knew he was good, never saw him play.

hmmmmm, who am I leaving out

12. Johnny Chan

13. Scott Toman (transfered to Tech and started there)

This isn't a ranking, just how i remember them.

Mitch,

You do not owe an apology to anyone. I usually agree with STEBO about 99% of the time, but not this one. I remember the Montana game in 1994. It was my first North Texas game. We all wished you had just one more play on that potential game winning drive as time ran out. We lost 21-17 but you showed me your grit and determination that day against a top 5 team.

Gotta go with fellow Richardson Berkner grad Scott Davis.

Interesting postscript to this story since you went to Berkner (as did I). After College, Scott came back to Berkner to teach, where he coached football and taught computer science classes. While there he met and later married Michelle Williams (formerly Ashcraft, now Davis), who was the drillteam director at Berkner Highschool. As of a couple of years ago, they still lived in the area as they bumped into my wife's (also a Berkner Grad) parents at their kid's soccer game.

Scott started to teach there the year after I graduated, (I think) so I only met him in passing a time or two when I was at drill team events that my wife (Girlfriend at the time) was performing in, and was introduced to him. I was going to UNT at the time, but I didn't know of his history at the time. Nice guy though.

QB's I have seen in my time (or at least when i was paying attention, the guy that replaced Corky Nelson caused me to give up hope).

13. Scott Toman (transfered to Tech and started there)

I think that Scott Toman spent most of his career at Tech as a holder for extra points. I think that he got into MAYBE one game as a QB.