Which of TOTO's 3 Porcaros Was A Producer 4 MGRN?

AND......the MGRN being the Mean Green Radio Network, of course.

I've just purchased from Wal Mart "Totos" 25'th anniversary tour combo CD/DVD which was videotaped in Amsterdam, Holland. Some great music from this group of studio musicians who made good as a late 70's and 80's jazz/rock group that "ONLY" produced 7 Grammy's at the 1982 Grammy Awards Show.

There were 3 Porcaro brothers involved with Toto and one of the 3 who apparently was hanging around Denton and (most likely) our internationally famous College of Music produced Mean Green football and basketball broadcast for George Dunham and Hank Dickenson a few years ago as I recall.

Anyone know which of the 3 Porcaro brothers it was and anyone know his story and his ties to NORTH TEXAS? Is he still in Denton?

Anyone out there know about this Porcaro brother who had the NT/Mean Green connection as I am curious.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I am sure I am wrong on this, but I will give it a try.

I think it was Steve Porkaro. I am pretty sure it was this guy that worked with The Hardline from 1310 AM. A few years ago, when Mike Rhyner would do the intro to his show, he would get to his sound guy and always say "With us twistin and tweakin' is Steve Porkaro - formerly of Toto, presently of Steel" Just a little sound bite I have stored in my head for some reason, but I'll bet this is the guy you are talking about.

Also seems like Rhyner always prounounced it por-carry, but I might be wrong.

I am sure I am wrong on this, but I will give it a try.

I think it was Steve Porkaro.  I am pretty sure it was this guy that worked with The Hardline from 1310 AM.  A few years ago, when Mike Rhyner would do the intro to his show, he would get to his sound guy and always say "With us twistin and tweakin' is Steve Porkaro - formerly of Toto, presently of Steel"  Just a little sound bite I have stored in my head for some reason, but I'll bet this is the guy you are talking about.

Also seems like Rhyner always prounounced it por-carry, but I might be wrong.

Thanks Zeke....

Upon further investigation from surfing the web, one of the 3 brothers, ie, Jeff Porcaro died tragically in 1992. He was Toto's drummer during the time the group produced their long line of hits. One of the other Porcaro brothers currently tours with Toto and is one of the best bass players in rock history everything I've heard and read.