Holy Smokes!

SUMG

Considering we had our 5 gals up against their men's B team, and we played 5 on 8 the whole game, UNT did a great job. Their refs, 3 point shooting, and rebounding is what did us in. Considering we were in the game for 3/4 of the game, I call it a moral victory. And tu is wayyyy overrated.

I hate tu too. Its not because of who they are, or their tradition. Its cause their ego is bigger than the state, and 90% of their fans are F-ing lemmings. They only like tu because they are good.

You have to give them some credit, they did miss only 2 or 3 free throws, and i didn't see them hit the rim on a freethrow attempt all night except for those misses. They have a lot of size, a lot of speed and a lot of skill. The officials went way beyond there zones tonight. Having been an official, it's obvious to me that they all called way too much outside of their secondary zones. It makes their partners look really bad when someone across court blows a whistle with the ball in your primary. Not that I disagreed with most of the calls, just that they did not do a good job "selling" the calls. In "Ref School" you are taught that selling a call is as, if not more important, than making the call right. But UT did make big plays when they had to and knocked down big shots. Our women played tough, and hung in there. That's about all you can ask, is to have a chance against an excellent team like Texas.

I was only able to listen to the first half because the Tycoons had a game last night. I must admit I was excited about the way the women were playing. I'm not sure what happened in the second half, but I'm pretty sure Coach Conradt got into her team at halftime. They had no choice but to come out and play better. I just wish we could have held on. That would have been big!