2024 Coaching Caravan locales, dates and times announced

UNT ATHLETICS: Dates Set for 2024 Coaches Caravan

Mosley, Morris, Hodge and Burton set to visit San Antonio, Houston and Ft. Worth

For more information contact: Doug Waters, doug.waters@unt.edu, (936) 240-6780

DENTON, Texas – The 2024 Mean Green Coaches Caravan will begin June 20 in San Antonio and then travel to Houston (June 21) before finishing in Fort Worth (June 22).

The Coaches Caravan offers fans a chance to meet UNT Vice President and Director of Athletics Jared Mosley along with coaches including football coach Eric Morris, men's basketball coach Ross Hodge and women's basketball coach Jason Burton.

The first Caravan stop will take place in San Antonio at Vista Brewing located at 125 Lamar St. Suite 106. The event will begin at 6 p.m. CT.

On June 21, the Caravan heads into Houston at Karbach Brewing. The venue is located at 2032 Karbach St. Programming begins at 6 p.m. CT.

On June 22, the Caravan returns to the DFW and will stop at Fort Brewing and Pizza in Ft. Worth located at 2727 Tillar St. and starts at 12 p.m. CT.

Fans wishing to attend can register for the events in San Antonio, Houston and Fort Worth.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zeleny' Orel said:

Think it would be a good idea to add stops in Central Texas, East Texas, West Texas, and Oklahoma to those already planned to extend our footprints to new areas.

Generally, I would agree with you, but we would need to commit a lot more resources to marketing and promoting those areas before I’d take our head coaches there. Just a few short years ago, I went to the one in Fort Worth and there were maybe 20 people there outside of athletic, university, and alumni association staff members, and of those 20 probably 10 were people who came down from Denton. I can’t imagine how disappointing it is as a head coach to show up to those kind of events with the lack of support.

I kind of wish they’d find a way to incorporate some musical group like the Eli Young Band to help drum up interest in these. We need to find some kind of “hook” for these events to build these up.

• Upvote 1

Every school has a percentage of their enrollment that looks like this and could not care less about athletics.  Contact all of them.  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Every school has a percentage of their enrollment that looks like this and could not care less about athletics.  Contact all of them.  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

UNT has a huge %. UT does as well. But unlike UNT, UT has a huge % of football nuts and t-shirt fans. 

Historical conservative universities, a la Texas Tech, does not. Baylor does not. SMU does not. Nutsack does not. Etc. They're there, just not in a sweeping %. 

I would say UNT and UT takes the cake in this race. Not a race I want to be a part of. And had I done better due diligence selecting a university from 1500 miles away while waiting to separate from the military, I wouldn't be. But I'm not a beta male and therefore can never be a t-shirt fan. Not in my DNA. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/4/2024 at 12:34 PM, NT80 said:

The caravans connect “current” fans with the AD and coaches and allow for interaction.  
I would like to see more done to get “new” fans attracted to NT sports.  Same thing every year. 

that usually requires fielding consistent winning football programs 

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1