SB vs. UT Arlington (3/26/24)

After a huge sweep of Tulsa, the ladies will go for the sweep of UT Arlington this Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Allen Saxe Field in A-town (do people call it that?).

If you're close to Arlington, join us for the game to give the ladies some home-away-from-home cookin'!

As of right now, I should be able to get people added to the pass list for free. So let me know if you want to join our group.

• Upvote 3

Ladies have done well lately after a difficult schedule to start the year. 

Like the fact that we upgraded the facilities, yet think we can do more for them.  I'm remote so see

games but those last few were still exciting with the walk off homers, etc.

Understand the impeding runner from the base rule, but it has to be modified.   Tulsa was clearly

out at 3rd base long before getting to the bag and our girl was definitely out at home yet they both

offset and things worked out.  Shame those decisions can affect the game with such impact. 

Exciting times to be a Mean Green Fan across the board.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Rock said:

Ladies have done well lately after a difficult schedule to start the year. 

Like the fact that we upgraded the facilities, yet think we can do more for them.  I'm remote so see

games but those last few were still exciting with the walk off homers, etc.

Understand the impeding runner from the base rule, but it has to be modified.   Tulsa was clearly

out at 3rd base long before getting to the bag and our girl was definitely out at home yet they both

offset and things worked out.  Shame those decisions can affect the game with such impact. 

Exciting times to be a Mean Green Fan across the board.

My buddy and I went to the tournament they played at Arkansas last season. Big fan of Bogle Park. Not saying we need an SEC-sized complex yet, but it'd be cool to have a few suites on either side of the pressbox, green pull down seats behind home plate, maybe like five rows of bleachers in left field, incorporate a "tailgate homerun porch" like we currently have at The Lace in right field, and a grass beam in center field like at the old Rangers ballpark.

image.png.41ca979fdfbf04a409fb0f3bd2cceb15.png

image.png.95ca662f51eb14c07504274284ab5b34.pngimage.png.95ca662f51eb14c07504274284ab5b34.png

• Upvote 1

Mean Green sweep UTA in 2024, making nine wins in their last ten games after a rough nonconference schedule.

UNT got a run in the first before going down 4-1 after a big 3rd inning for UTA, highlighted by a three-run homer.

That was the only damage Childers allowed. We finally regained the lead in the 6th and added insurance in the 7th to go ahead 7-4. In both innings, the 11-20 Mavericks let long fly balls get away from them, one going through the glove. Overall UTA had six errors and four hits.

A small group of us featuring @untcampbell and @FirefightnRick made some noise behind home plate!

IMG_20240326_203439.jpg.adddca9bd10c87f24157e492f1b73f19.jpg

20240326_205946.jpg.eda1405ca9f3f6dcc9fb8c5c60f359b9.jpg

Screenshot_20240326-195409.png.4369447d2cfa5dbf25871d85aa396925.png

• Upvote 3

Great job organizing, Matt. Fun fan time for all. Enjoyed the banter and breadth of topics, as is likely to occur when fellas gather for the talking sport.

There is value, lots of it, when fans coordinate and gather together, especially for away games where there may not be lots of Green in the crowd. The more together we are, the louder we are. 

Really appreciated the ladies coming over after the game to thank us for being there. Ladies, thank YOU!

GMG

• Upvote 3

On 3/27/2024 at 7:59 AM, untcampbell said:

Great job organizing, Matt. Fun fan time for all. Enjoyed the banter and breadth of topics, as is likely to occur when fellas gather for the talking sport.

There is value, lots of it, when fans coordinate and gather together, especially for away games where there may not be lots of Green in the crowd. The more together we are, the louder we are. 

Really appreciated the ladies coming over after the game to thank us for being there. Ladies, thank YOU!

GMG

19 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Thanks again Matt.  I had a great time.  It was very cool of the team to come over and thank us.  

Rick

Thank y'all for coming out, it was a great time!

With more lead time I'm looking forward to doing similar, bigger events for all six spectator sports in 2024-25!

• Upvote 2