(3/6/2024) Texas FBS Power Poll: UNT #10

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Did not see any attempt of an answer to who would you have pursued as a HC.  

It may be your opinion that NT will decline on offense and fail to improve on defense but you offer no backup for your POV.  Morris did improve the offense although that was a lot less an achievement than the challenge on the defensive side. 

I am not sure if you are aware of anymore than I am relative to next year's NT football season.  

Other than a horrible start against Cal and FIU, I think last year was a step in the right direction for NT's program.   Closed the season with two wins, and with the exception of against a very good SMU team, the games were close.  

The most positive variable IMO is that NT replaced .500 Littrell.   Morris may not be the answer but his hiring is at least a change that might work.  

Bno backup for my POV? 

We lost all of our offensive production. What proven production has that been replaced with? Answer: not much. 

We lost our best safety on a terrible defense and have brought in minimal additions to bolster the product. 

SL needed to go. All I'm saying is that Eric Morris won't be the person to take SLs success and build on it. That picture is getting pretty clear. 

As for who I would have brought in....terrible rebuttal. Poor UNT. We just can't be good enough for anything or anyone. So we are forced to settle with whoever stumbles upon our doorstep. Terrible, terrible mindset. 

But to play into your question: Ken Niumatalolo. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Bno backup for my POV? 

We lost all of our offensive production. What proven production has that been replaced with? Answer: not much. 

We lost our best safety on a terrible defense and have brought in minimal additions to bolster the product. 

SL needed to go. All I'm saying is that Eric Morris won't be the person to take SLs success and build on it. That picture is getting pretty clear. 

As for who I would have brought in....terrible rebuttal. Poor UNT. We just can't be good enough for anything or anyone. So we are forced to settle with whoever stumbles upon our doorstep. Terrible, terrible mindset. 

I’m not so quick to call Morris a bad hire. He cleaned house after this past season, but it probably should have been when he took the job. This year is his guys. Let’s see what this year brings. I’m a bit more optimistic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Bno backup for my POV? 

As for who I would have brought in....terrible rebuttal. Poor UNT. We just can't be good enough for anything or anyone.

Absolutely nothing is clear about the success of Morris at NT at this point. 

My terrible rebuttal certainly did not state or imply that "We just can't be good enough for anything or anyone".  What are you even attempting to state?

With NIL, what does good recruiting even mean?  Is the evaluation based on how much NIL was available to buy players or the bang for the buck that was received for NIL dollars invested.  

You stated that NT lost all their production, do you expect any coach to be able to keep players that can make a lot more money elsewhere?  

17 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Absolutely nothing is clear about the success of Morris at NT at this point. 

My terrible rebuttal certainly did not state or imply that "We just can't be good enough for anything or anyone".  What are you even attempting to state?

With NIL, what does good recruiting even mean?  Is the evaluation based on how much NIL was available to buy players or the bang for the buck that was received for NIL dollars invested.  

You stated that NT lost all their production, do you expect any coach to be able to keep players that can make a lot more money elsewhere?  

You're implying that Eric Morris is/was as good as it gets as for applicants at North Texas. If not, what are you saying? 

As for players moving on and off our roster... our peers are making it happen. 

The only numbers that matter right now in the evaluation process is 5-7. Is Morris going to improve on that. WE have no reason to legitimately believe so. Unless, you do? Do you? 

On 3/7/2024 at 3:19 AM, UNTLifer said:

See my post above. Cravened. 

Agreed he tends to let his homerism show in his writing, but I think he only has them ranked 1 spot too high. I would put Houston ahead of UTSA. They have more talent on paper and have proved it on the field the last two years. 

I can't really argue with UNT's rank. Our offense is a question mark and I don't think we've done enough to fix our defense. 

• Upvote 1