Did MTSU make the right decision in staying?

I have felt that MTSU joining the MAC may have been the best decision they could have made. Granted, it would have killed of the C-USA, but they sacrificed stability of being in the MAC into waiting for an opportunity (that may never come) to replace Memphis in the AAC if they get picked up by either the ACC or Big XII. I could be wrong though.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

MTSU and Western Kentucky got invited to the MAC. 

WK wanted to go but the MAC told them it was a package deal or nothing. MTSU said no so the TOPPERS were stuck. Now that the MAC has brought U.MESS back into the fold I wonder if there is any interest by either party to revisit WK's status.

• Upvote 2

IIRC, both WKU and MTSU wanted to go accept the invite from the Mac. However, the MTSU administration told the athletic department there was no money for the move. Often, schools don't actually write checks for exit and entry fees. What happens is they forego payments from conferences. The MTSU budget was so tight they could not afford to forego any payments. So they were stuck. Because it was a both-or-nothing offer, WKY was stuck also. I would think there is a new level of hatred from WKU for MTSU because of this! 

• Upvote 4

On 3/7/2024 at 5:11 PM, VideoEagle said:

IIRC, both WKU and MTSU wanted to go accept the invite from the Mac. However, the MTSU administration told the athletic department there was no money for the move. Often, schools don't actually write checks for exit and entry fees. What happens is they forego payments from conferences. The MTSU budget was so tight they could not afford to forego any payments. So they were stuck. Because it was a both-or-nothing offer, WKY was stuck also. I would think there is a new level of hatred from WKU for MTSU because of this! 

Is there a point in the future where there wouldn't be an exit fee to leave CUSA?