ESPN Fox and Warner joining together for a streaming sports platform

Three of the big heavyweights in sports broadcasting are joining forces for a combined streaming service. Here's a podcast that explains what's going on. As the Podcast states, "The dinosaurs are seeing the asteroid coming and are trying to do something about it." Here's the link.

https://www.wsj.com/podcasts/the-journal/why-three-media-giants-are-betting-on-sports-streaming/97E7A6C2-46AA-428C-8719-ECAAB17941C0

Sure waited forever and a f--kin day to do anything about it though. Live sports is literally the only thing that keeps me subscribing to hulu, so if they find a reasonable way around that I'm game. Maybe they can get the rights to Indy Car and Champions League too. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Sure waited forever and a f--kin day to do anything about it though. Live sports is literally the only thing that keeps me subscribing to hulu, so if they find a reasonable way around that I'm game. Maybe they can get the rights to Indy Car and Champions League too. 

Throw in F1 and bring back Leigh Diffy and Will Buxton

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

IDK for how long but ESPN already has those rights. I still pay the $80 a year for F1 TV though, it's worth it for all the content and the race day extras. 

I'm not a fan of the Sky Sports crew.  They're knowledgeable, but there are too many talking heads, and I can't even watch Martin's grid walk because all he does is fanboy over any douche celebrity he can find.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I'm not a fan of the Sky Sports crew.  They're knowledgeable, but there are too many talking heads, and I can't even watch Martin's grid walk because all he does is fanboy over any douche celebrity he can find.  

Oh man, the grid walk is the best because he'll just go up to celebs he doesn't recognize and be like "who are you?". The cringe factor is so high it's hilarious. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Oh man, the grid walk is the best because he'll just go up to celebs he doesn't recognize and be like "who are you?". The cringe factor is so high it's hilarious. 

Yeah, that's funny, but I want to learn about the race, the cars, strategy, etc.  That's why Will was so great.  He brought his passion for the sport to life, and got you amped up for the race.

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2024 at 8:35 AM, Coffee and TV said:

Same for Hulu. My wife laughs because we "cut the cord" only to have to subscribe to a bunch of services to get what we used to have under a single service. Paramount Plus is pretty good though for Champions League and Europa League. As a DFW sports fan, Bally's is where I drew the line so I'm just hoping a better alternative comes up because I've been missing out on all of that content.

• Upvote 1