Random Thoughts on all of the QB1's moving around in the Portal

I thing the DC should get a F-----.  If I hear he did not have the right players for his defense then why did he play the defense in the first place.  You play to your players strength and not to defense he knew the players could not play.  That alone is a reason not have him back on the field this upcoming defense.   Will we hear the same excuse this year " we didn't have the right players".

I watch ISU in the bowl game and some of the runs by the other team sure look familiar.  They came around the corner and no on the defense was no where to be found.  I am not a fan of that defense.  We had a DC who could stop the the spread with a  three or four man front.   Man I miss that guy.   We have had no defense since he left.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 1/8/2024 at 9:52 PM, UNTLifer said:

Terrible idea considering the small percentage that actually play in the NFL. This is the problem. Nobody tells these kids no. Too many have unrealistic expectations of their own abilities. Football is their means to getting an education to prepare themselves for life. 

Couldn't agree more but "leadership" has put themselves in the position where they can rarely say no.   Chiefly because they almost never said no to anything if the check was large enough.  Moreover Div 1 NCAA institutions have been happy to screw over their peers for the biggest check.  Absolutely no financial hardship reason for the richest schools in FBS to leave their regional conferences.  The greed and lack of loyalty is now two way street that everyone in revenue college sports has access to now.