Cheap tickets

UNT Family Man

5 hours ago, ADLER said:

What solutions are available that would please both the students and the season ticket holders? Catering to the needs of both groups is incredibly important. Does the student section need to be extended? We don't sell a huge quantity of season tickets. Could those be consolidated somewhat to provide an additional section or two to the students? The student section was small a couple decades ago because very few attended. Thankfully that has changed. Your concerns seem valid and maybe it's time that the AD should review the seating allocation. Please send Jared a note with your concerns and maybe potential solutions.

I mean the students should sit in their section like they have for decades. It’s literally labeled…. Student Section and then they have the entire upper bowel. 

I am in favor of extending it 123-103 wrapped around that goal and have the band be above the tunnel where they use to be (on the opposite end). This way the band is in the center of the student section and they go around and can cover the entire back half of that goal. 

We have had season tickets for decades and decades and when I was a student of my seat was used by my grandpa I just went and sat with my friends in the student section. A lot of the time we had to sit in 204-205. There isn’t a bad seat in the PIT really. Couldn’t even walk down to family seats because they would stop you at the top of the stairs and check your ticket. They only stopped doing this around covid. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I mean the students should sit in their section like they have for decades. It’s literally labeled…. Student Section and then they have the entire upper bowel. 

So if the students showed up in droves for a game but the rest of the crowd was as normal, would you rather them sit in the upper bowl and only in designated student seating or fill empty seats in the lower bowl to be closer to the action and be louder to the players on the court?

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Attendance was fine for years when they had people checking tickets. Shoot students had to line the top of the stadium for the OSU game. 
-they shouldn’t be there in football. The home/lower section which is season tickets is policed all game. Even in the 4th you can’t get down there. 

That's false.  My wife and I were in town for the eclipse game and we moved to a couple of different sections to talk to people.  We weren't checked any time we left or came back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

So if the students showed up in droves for a game but the rest of the crowd was as normal, would you rather them sit in the upper bowl and only in designated student seating or fill empty seats in the lower bowl to be closer to the action and be louder to the players on the court?

Yes. That’s just what I believe. Everyone has their pet peeves…. I cannot stand people who cut in line or don’t follow simple rules like sitting in their assigned seat. There are rules for a reason. They had seat numbers etc… for a reason. It’s what I believe yes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

That's false.  My wife and I were in town for the eclipse game and we moved to a couple of different sections to talk to people.  We weren't checked any time we left or came back.

They are always there. We sit at the top now but left early and went down to look at our old seats and were asked for tickets. This is only on the home side and the lower area though as nobody checks the top. 

58 minutes ago, Andrew said:

They are always there. We sit at the top now but left early and went down to look at our old seats and were asked for tickets. This is only on the home side and the lower area though as nobody checks the top. 

I made it to 4 games this year, all home side and/or lower and never had a ticket checked.

34 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I made it to 4 games this year, all home side and/or lower and never had a ticket checked.

I’m referring to football. The people in the yellow jackets will. We had season tickets down there on the 50 before moving up top. They checked us every game. Even when we went back to look and wanted to walk down they checked us after last year and this year when we were leaving. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I’m referring to football. The people in the yellow jackets will. We had season tickets down there on the 50 before moving up top. They checked us every game. Even when we went back to look and wanted to walk down they checked us after last year and this year when we were leaving. 

I'm also referring to football. Never had a ticket checked in 4 games this year. Sat either home side or 2nd row center of the endzone. And honestly, how do you check everybody coming up and down with electronic tickets? They're all on my phone. No way for my wife and kids to have access. I'd have to go everywhere with them or give them my phone every time they go get something or use the restroom. It's a silly expectation.

Edited by GMG_Dallas

11 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'm also referring to football. Never had a ticket checked in 4 games this year. Sat either home side or 2nd row center of the endzone. And honestly, how do you check everybody coming up and down with electronic tickets? They're all on my phone. No way for my wife and kids to have access. I'd have to go everywhere with them or give them my phone every time they go get something or use the restroom. It's a silly expectation.

They do physical tickets. We have them printed off for every football and basketball game. Who does electronic? If so that should probably change as that could be causing all these issues. 

25 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I was also referring to football.  We got electronic tickets the day or so before and were never checked after going through security.  Still had them up on the phone after entering the stadium, but weren't asked.

Edited by CMJ

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I feel like I'm being "Punk'd."

Idk…. We have used physical tickets for football and basketball all year. They have checked at the bottom and again off the elevator up top. Dow low prior we always had physical tickets. They were checked every game. Even if you had nachos and hands full of water bottles. As it should be. 

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I feel as though Andrew must be in the only section where they checked at DACTU, or I was at the only game this year they didn't.  Because they sure as hell didn't check ours.

No I didn't have my tickets checked this year either. I also think the gripe is a bit silly. Maybe if the 400-500 fans scattered across the endzone side all moved down to the lower half, where available, we could get a little more rowdy and generate some noise.

• Upvote 2

Nobody has stopped purchasing season tickets because of this.  I have season tickets to football but can't make every game.  Do I care if someone sits in my seat when I am not there?  Nope.  If I were to arrive and find people sitting in my seat, I would just politely show them my tickets and ask them to move.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Wow— my most responded to post!!! Ha!🤪was just trying to get more of us out to support our teams. Didn’t think I would throw the board into a tizzy about season tickets, pet peeves, or upper/lower bowl seating. I’m with you Andrew on following rules but at the same time I don’t have an issue with asking someone to move from my seat. Also, the unspoken rule in my head is waiting until 1/2 way through the first half before seat jumping. 

i basically built my own mini plan on this promotion. Thank you to the AD for the promotion. 

5 hours ago, 2020 Sucks said:

Havent had a basketball or football ticket checked since the plandemic in any sport.  The tickets are all electronic now for FB and BB.  The only physical "tickets" are the lanyards for club members and high rollers.

Yes it has changed since then for basketball. They always check tickets at the top (twice ) for football and did check out tickets when we wanted to go down to see our old seats and be close once. We do have physical tickets for both football and basketball. Basketball isn’t any sort of fancy thing…. They will print you physical tickets if you ask….