NOT a rebuild year

Marcelo

this scheme will probably perform better against pass heavy teams (mostly everyone on our schedule) and weaker athletes (everyone else on the schedule).

this is a terrible matchup for us to roll out this defense with, but yeah, definitely not a promising start

• Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, Marcelo said:

When is NT going to stop making excuses? I am hearing we are in our first year of a rebuild? How are we EVER going to elevate this program with this type of mentality? 

Today has been a pathetic display of coaching and the HC needs to be called out for this embarrassment. 

We are always in a rebuild. It’s always, “Wait til next year” 

• Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, aprice said:

this scheme will probably perform better against pass heavy teams (mostly everyone on our schedule) and weaker athletes (everyone else on the schedule).

this is a terrible matchup for us to roll out this defense with, but yeah, definitely not a promising start

Off the top... Smu, memphis, navy will douchebag this defense up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

At least Morris took the blame.  

I could take the blame for global warming, but I guarantee you I'm still driving my kids around in my gas guzzling minivan tomorrow.

Heard it all before. His words didn't match the actions.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Marcelo said:

When is NT going to stop making excuses? I am hearing we are in our first year of a rebuild? How are we EVER going to elevate this program with this type of mentality? 

Today has been a pathetic display of coaching and the HC needs to be called out for this embarrassment. 

Who from NT made the excuse that this is a rebuilding year?  Maybe I missed it. 

troll GIF

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Who from NT made the excuse that this is a rebuilding year?  Maybe I missed it. 

troll GIF

A ton of people on this very board are poo-pooing the lack of talent on the team.  I’ve seen at least a dozen people give the “not enough time to recruit his guys…” excuse.  That is insinuating a “rebuilding year”.

Morris took over a bowl-eligible team.

I can guarantee the loss would not have been this bad under the previous regime (probably still would’ve been a ‘L’ though).

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

A ton of people on this very board are poo-pooing the lack of talent on the team.  I’ve seen at least a dozen people give the “not enough time to recruit his guys…” excuse.  That is insinuating a “rebuilding year”.

Morris took over a bowl-eligible team.

I can guarantee the loss would not have been this bad under the previous regime (probably still would’ve been a ‘L’ though).

I'm being patient but you're right. I've watched other teams and I think this is still a bowl team. Just need to tighten up the defense. I think our offense is capable of doing damage if our running game wakes up.

Regarding talent, Seth could recruit. We've just lost a bunch to the portal but he could recruit. That's where I'm looking for Morris and Co to improve greatly. 

• Upvote 1