Jeff Traylor wants the money to match the recruiting effort as UTSA enters the AAC

Jonnyeagle

In a typical recruiting cycle, UTSA coach Jeff Traylor used to plan on hosting less than 40 official visits. 

Prospects often used just two or three of their five allowed trips to different programs, keeping the Roadrunners comfortably under the annual limit of 56.  

But the NCAA this year implemented significant changes to the process, removing the cap on the number of official visits an athlete can take and increasing the amount of visits each school can host to 70. 

Traylor said he anticipates filling every available spot, which means finding money for airline tickets, meals for prospects and their guests, and hotel rooms at Embassy Suites or La Cantera.  

The bills start to stack up even before the price of coaches making high school visits enters the equation.

Read more: https://www.expressnews.com/sports/colleges/utsa/article/utsa-finances-aac-recruiting-18331338.php

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

When you hear coaches bringing up concerns about funding, facilities, etc.....they're setting up their exit. He's been doing this for a couple of years. I would think he'll be gone next year if they win again this year. 

Actually....I think he's gone regardless now that I think about it. I don't know if they'll win 10+ games again or win the conference but they should have a decent record. Plus he knows....this is his last year with the only QB he's ever known. His value is as high now as it may ever be.

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1