4 teams from AAC agree to leave?

25 minutes ago, NT80 said:

So in other words, they are willing to wait before telling Stanford they need to decide if they are in or out?  Sounds like they are waiting on Stanford (to decide if they are in or out).  Lol.

I do think the ACC will make a decision this week if any one (1) school has changed their vote (ie been swayed, convinced, bought) or not about adding new members.

Haha yes, but they are waiting by choice is what I am trying to say. They are choosing to wait, not being forced to wait by Stanford. They aren't going to give up the monetary gain of having Stanford in a conference with them. WSU/OSU/CAL have the ability to do something now if they really wanted to, that's a 3-1 vote on any action. @Arkstfan put it perfectly:

8 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

That takes us back to Washington State. Why would you leap today for options that are still there tomorrow when waiting may mean finding a way to keep Stanford?

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Haha yes, but they are waiting by choice is what I am trying to say. They are choosing to wait, not being forced to wait by Stanford. They aren't going to give up the monetary gain of having Stanford in a conference with them. WSU/OSU/CAL have the ability to do something now if they really wanted to, that's a 3-1 vote on any action. @Arkstfan put it perfectly:

I totally agree they will not want to cut the Stanford cord while there's still a chance to hang with them.  But as mentioned OSU, WSU, and Cal will have options without Stanford too.  Hopefully some clarity this coming week.

I think our interest as NT fans is mainly to see:

1) if any decisions made by others could adversely affect the AAC and it's membership

2) could be a windfall for the AAC and NT, or

3) be something we didn't consider or expect or non-issue for us

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

I totally agree they will not want to cut the Stanford cord while there's still a chance to hang with them.  But as mentioned OSU, WSU, and Cal will have options without Stanford too.  Hopefully some clarity this coming week.

I think our interest as NT fans is mainly to see:

1) if any decisions made by others could adversely affect the AAC and it's membership

2) could be a windfall for the AAC and NT, or

3) be something we didn't consider or expect or non-issue for us

It seems pretty narrowed but Oliver Luck might cook up something surprising.

I'm personally rooting for a merger. Indifferent who it is with. Merger brings the chaos to a pause.

AAC getting raided means chaos, I'm tired of chaos. Might mean yet more FCS schools called up and outside the two Dakota and two Montana schools and maybe Cal Davis and Kennesaw State who is already moving up, there's not much left in FCS I think has the resources and upside to not be zombie programs.

MWC raid could see some MWC schools be zombie programs or out of FBS and don't like that outcome. It's not like there's another Idaho zombie program in the west shambling along neither alive or dead that needs to leave FBS.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Arkstfan said:

It seems pretty narrowed but Oliver Luck might cook up something surprising.

I'm personally rooting for a merger. Indifferent who it is with. Merger brings the chaos to a pause.

AAC getting raided means chaos, I'm tired of chaos. Might mean yet more FCS schools called up and outside the two Dakota and two Montana schools and maybe Cal Davis and Kennesaw State who is already moving up, there's not much left in FCS I think has the resources and upside to not be zombie programs.

MWC raid could see some MWC schools be zombie programs or out of FBS and don't like that outcome. It's not like there's another Idaho zombie program in the west shambling along neither alive or dead that needs to leave FBS.

I think if it comes to the PAC4 staying together and raiding teams from the American and the MWC, I believe in the aftermath you could have the remaining American teams and the remaining Mountain West teams merge

16 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I think if it comes to the PAC4 staying together and raiding teams from the American and the MWC, I believe in the aftermath you could have the remaining American teams and the remaining Mountain West teams merge

I'm skeptical. When revenue declines, increasing expenses isn't a generally favored strategy.

• Upvote 3