The significance of MGSF Priority Points?

What is the significance of MGSF Priority Points? I've seen them for years in my UNT Tickets account.  I've also seen the occasional reference by the ticket office made to their existence, usually regarding MBB seating.

Are they a system we hope is helpful in the future if there is suddenly a shortage of seating at Football and Basketball games?  I know other schools use them in ticket sales, but it's always clear that you can buy just about whatever season ticket you want at UNT sporting events short of Loge Seating at MBB.

And does the "X out of 5268" ranking next to the "Mean Green Scholarship Fund Priority Points Ranking" line mean we only have 5268 people who have donated to the MGSF and bought tickets in recent history? (2018 maybe?)  

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

What is the significance of MGSF Priority Points? I've seen them for years in my UNT Tickets account.  I've also seen the occasional reference by the ticket office made to their existence, usually regarding MBB seating.

Are they a system we hope is helpful in the future if there is suddenly a shortage of seating at Football and Basketball games?  I know other schools use them in ticket sales, but it's always clear that you can buy just about whatever season ticket you want at UNT sporting events short of Loge Seating at MBB.

And does the "X out of 5268" ranking next to the "Mean Green Scholarship Fund Priority Points Ranking" line mean we only have 5268 people who have donated to the MGSF and bought tickets in recent history? (2018 maybe?)  

I think the more you have accumulated the better seats you are able to purchase and whatnot.