CB Mac McWilliams, UAB
CB Nicktroy Fortune, UTSA
S Kam Pedescleaux, Tulane
S Kendarin Roy, Tulsa
Flex Keondre Swoopes, UAB

K Collin Rogers, SMU
P Joe Doyle, Memphis
RS Lawrence Keys III, Tulane

read more:  https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2023-preseason-all-aac-team

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

I’ve seen a number of gripes from existing AAC fans that the new schools “water down” the conference…

It’s interesting that 66% of the players on the offense and 72% of the players on defense of the preseason All-AAC Team are from the new schools. 

I think many fans of the existing schools are going to be surprised by the new schools. I think this will be doubly true come basketball season. 

They will be surprised at just how bad UTSA actually is relative to their football team.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

It’s interesting that 66% of the players on the offense and 72% of the players on defense of the preseason All-AAC Team are from the new schools. 

Yes, when I was first reading the list of players/schools I thought they had posted last year's CUSA list by mistake...lol.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

I’ve seen a number of gripes from existing AAC fans that the new schools “water down” the conference…

I think many fans of the existing schools are going to be surprised by the new schools. I think this will be doubly true come basketball season. 

Not football, but related: if you don't know Memphis super fan, Will, now you will.  His sense of entitlement and elitism puts a stench in the air.

2 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

He may be an entitled elitist (or he may not, I have no idea), but his gripe is legitimate.

They never won a single regularly season championship and, coming off their first and only AAC tournament title, they proceeded to lose to FAU in the Big Bracket.

If I were him, I wouldn't be talking.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, greenminer said:

They never won a single regularly season championship and, coming off their first and only AAC tournament title, they proceeded to lose to FAU in the Big Bracket.

If I were him, I wouldn't be talking.

But his gripe was about facilities.  Rice and UTSA do have pretty pathetic basketball facilities.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

But his gripe was about facilities.  Rice and UTSA do have pretty pathetic basketball facilities.

You're trying to make this a "he's not wrong" post, but that is not what I'm highlighting.

Last I'll say on this: at least these schools try and own their facilities.  Memphis, with that insane sport budget, chooses to rent the FedExForum, which belongs to the city.

Let's just continue to win.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Not football, but related: if you don't know Memphis super fan, Will, now you will.  His sense of entitlement and elitism puts a stench in the air.

You should see some the tiny, small gyms that Gonzaga play in within the WCC. Gonzaga seems to do OK despite this. 

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 1