NIL benefits the richest programs

I was watching a college golf broadcast and they were talking about Pepperdine and how hood they historically were but how this year they were even better because of what they were able to do with the portal.  A good college golf team in past years might have 4-5 top notch players.  Now Pepperdine has 8-9 or even 10.  It made me sad.  

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Just in terms of media money and roster/scholarship limits, these two sports might as well be in different galaxies.

Not saying you're wrong, but if NIL benefits the richest programs, there has to be better examples.  You don't need to reach over to golf find an argument.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4

There is no doubt that NIL favors the private schools in P5 and G5 and all schools in the P5; especially the SEC and the B1G.  

If they continue this travesty there should be a limit; especially on quarterbacks and wide receivers with all other positions somewhat less.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

I've never heard of this guy, but he is clearly an utter moron.  None of what this doofus is saying applies to 95% of schools.  What this mentally deficient dingbat envisions for "college sports" is another professional sports system funded by fans and alumni of 25 or so schools, while actual college sports is strangled to death by new financial realities that reality can't match.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Yes.  Am I really missing out?

Him. Jeff Goodman. Gottlieb. Katz. Big names in MBB coverage, but outside the ESPN network.

credibility will vary based on who you ask, but their names seem like they are everywhere to me. Constant breaking news from Rothstein and Goodman, in particular.