Limit of 5 Official visits removed

El Paso Eagle

I kind of think this will be something where the players limit themselves. Yeah, there may be some that go on more than 5 visits. But from what we all hear....the recruiting process (for players) is arduous already. I can't see some kid and his family wanting to pack up and go on 10-15-20 visits. So my guess is....most kids will keep their visits in the single digits. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, SUMG said:

I kind of think this will be something where the players limit themselves. Yeah, there may be some that go on more than 5 visits. But from what we all hear....the recruiting process (for players) is arduous already. I can't see some kid and his family wanting to pack up and go on 10-15-20 visits. So my guess is....most kids will keep their visits in the single digits. 

And I think the opposite.   Players today, and their families, like to be wined and dined.  If a school, any school, is going to foot the bill to bring them in, give them a swag bag, take pictures in a uniform sitting in a barbers chair, they are going to soak it all up.  

Players no longer have to be selective.  

Don't kid yourself; this was at the request of P5 schools. When you have budgets like Ohio State, Alabama, A&M, Texas, etc., you can afford to "wine and dine" more players. I would guess this will hurt G5 schools when players who could be immediate impacts there versus being a fringe P5 contributor can be shown the "big time." This will put a financial strain on smaller-budget schools and continue to widen the gap — another step in the professionalization of college sports.