‘23 Portal OL Larry Moore (Texas Tech)

BillySee58

Although it shows that Larry Moore committed to us, 247 hasn't picked up on the commitment yet.  Could it be that he didn't go through the transfer portal?  I assume that he will somehow sign something that says that he has committed to us.  He should raise our standing a few notches when 247 finds out.  

Another good pickup that 247 doesn't know of is Devin Strange.  He was rated a 3-star by Rivals but got maggies' drawers from 247.  I doubt that they ever will grade him since he enrolled as a walk-on.  Just remember...we did better than 247 will rank our recruiting class.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

Although it shows that Larry Moore committed to us, 247 hasn't picked up on the commitment yet.  Could it be that he didn't go through the transfer portal?  I assume that he will somehow sign something that says that he has committed to us.  He should raise our standing a few notches when 247 finds out.  

Another good pickup that 247 doesn't know of is Devin Strange.  He was rated a 3-star by Rivals but got maggies' drawers from 247.  I doubt that they ever will grade him since he enrolled as a walk-on.  Just remember...we did better than 247 will rank our recruiting class.

247 also ranks by amount of recruits. So since we have a small class it's gonna hurt us there as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

247 also doesn't account for transfers in the class. So while UNT is stacking up a solid group in the portal, this doesn't change how UNT ranks. Just gotta remember that we're bringing in some really good ball players that won't show up on the class standings!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GoGreenBeans said:

247 also doesn't account for transfers in the class. So while UNT is stacking up a solid group in the portal, this doesn't change how UNT ranks. Just gotta remember that we're bringing in some really good ball players that won't show up on the class standings!

247 does account for transfers now. They have separate rankings for HS and transfers, then a combined overall ranking. They just haven’t rated any of your transfers yet (they take forever), so it’s not showing up. 

16A7D8C0-9C5A-4BF8-BD07-187F6EF87E0E.png

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, GoGreenBeans said:

Haha I was just about to post this when I saw your post so you beat me to it.  Good first post and welcome.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1