Can someone tell me about this classification that Trump put into place (Biden repealed it)?

What was its intent? Any negative side effects/implications?

I just read about it, and how Trump would likely put it back in place if re-elected.

All political views encouraged.

• Upvote 1

From what I remember, and explanations vary to the extremes on which side is reporting, it's stated goal was to make it easier to fire certain Federal Employees. The Left says it is terrible because it allows you to get rid of employees for no reason, while the Right says it allows you to get rid of poor performers who are currently very hard to fire.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

It sounds like it to me that it makes it easier to fire civil servants which by design are supposed to be apolitical.

But it also allows you to take action if they are not performing or they do bring politics into their workplace. If you review it's also not all levels it's only certain levels that have decision-making responsibilities

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 7/22/2022 at 3:32 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

The Left says it is terrible because it allows you to get rid of employees for no reason

Swing and a miss.

Steve Bannon Calls On '4,000 Shock Troops' To 'Deconstruct' The Government 'Brick By Brick'

Bannon had also called for “shock troops” to “immediately” seize control of the nation a month before the 2020 election, when he expected Trump to win reelection — or seize control of the vote results. “Pre-trained teams” need to be “ready to jump into federal agencies,” Bannon told NBC News then.

Bannon vowed to “go medieval” on his enemies when he was served with his subpoena last year and said he would make the charges against him the “misdemeanor from hell” for the Biden administration.

Steve Bannon: I'd Put Anthony Fauci's Head On A Pike As A 'Warning'

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

You can take one person's view and try to make it sound like every conservative, but if someone does the same on a liberal viewpoint you blast them. In the jadded world that your mind exist in has a conservative ever done anything right? You really do believe you know more and have all the answers. What a freaking joke.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

You can take one person's view and try to make it sound like every conservative, but if someone does the same on a liberal viewpoint you blast them. In the jadded world that your mind exist in has a conservative ever done anything right? You really do believe you know more and have all the answers. What a freaking joke.

I just said you're wrong about why people on the left would be concerned and showed you our real concern, why did you take it so personally?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2