Re-Realignment - On a smaller scale

These types of deals sort of worry me that some think moving to the AAC is a huge step up.  I think it is so long as the payout from the ESPN contract remains solid, and we keep the SMU, Memphis, Tulane, Tulsa's of the world.  But if the conference we end up in is just a mirror image of the one we left what is the point?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

These types of deals sort of worry me that some think moving to the AAC is a huge step up.  I think it is so long as the payout from the ESPN contract remains solid, and we keep the SMU, Memphis, Tulane, Tulsa's of the world.  But if the conference we end up in is just a mirror image of the one we left what is the point?

Well, I certainly don't believe that it will be a mirror image of last year's CUSA.  I trust the commissioner and better yet, so does Wren Baker.  He has known him for several years.   There is little left of CUSA compared to when we joined.  So we are definitely better off than we were.  Judy lost nine members after this year; three have already vacated.  We have definitely improved our situation.  While the CUSA (new) members will get a lower cut of the TV money, I expect it to be about three times more than we were making; maybe a little more.  We landed in a good spot.  The rest is up to us.

• Upvote 3