PGA Tour: Charles Schwab Challenge (The Colonial); May 26-29

UNTLifer

they are 43rd (Munoz) and 104th (Ortiz) after day 1.

This week there are also plenty other NT alums playing on pro tours.

Rosenmuller on KornFerry (133rd after day 1)

Gonzalo Rubio (6th after day 1), Alejandro Villasano (42nd) and Cazaubon (85th) on the PGA tour Latinoamerica

Ulenaers was playing on the challenge tour (although he somehow shot a +16 )

Snyman is playing an event in europe next week.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

Ortiz is really struggling since his hole in one at the Phoenix Open.  In the celebration, he was hit in the back with either a water bottle or a beer can, and I wonder if he is having lingering effects.  Munoz is playing pretty solid, but he needs to eliminate the one or two holes that seem to sidetrack him every round.

Round Two: Munoz started with a birdie, but is now +1 on his round and overall through 5 holes.  Ortiz is +1 on his round through six holes and +5 overall.  The current projected cut line is +1.  The leaders are at +5 so that could change as there are a lot of players bunch together.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

In the celebration, he was hit in the back with either a water bottle or a beer can, and I wonder if he is having lingering effects.

Wow!  I didn't hear about that.  I always thought golf was a "gentleman's" (and women's) sport?  Now fans are throwing beer cans/water bottles at the players?  What the hell.  I have never liked the covered stands, boisterous fans around the greens.

The 16th hole at the Phoenix Open is known as a sort of animal house on tour.

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/02/13/watch-carlos-ortiz-hole-in-one-16th-hole-wm-phoenix-open/

“A lot of people cheering for you and then you start trying to watch out for your head because I got actually nailed pretty hard on the back with a beer can, and then after that I was just trying to just avoid all the cans I could.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1