• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I pre-ordered at EB Games here in Denton. They told me to my face the other day I would have mine by Monday night. He knew I had a GC because he looked up my file and everything. I got a little impatient today and went up there at about 5 and was told that I wouldn't get mine until tomorrow because I was the only one to pre order for GC and they weren't picking it up today.

I just got off the phone with my friend who ordered (Xbox) at the same store and they told him they would have it by tonight yesterday, and he got impatient and called them and was told there was a mix up and he would get his tomorrow.

If they weren't gonna pick up the GC version on Monday, that's fine but don't lie to me. And if you tell someone you will have it by a certain day, you do it for him even if it is a hassle. If there is any doubt, say Tuesday, and it it's Monday then all the better, but don't say Monday and then go back on it after having everyone get their heart set on that day. I think it's the last time I will go there and am pretty sure my friend feels the same. I know I won't even care about this when I get it tomorrow, and it's only one day and not that big of a deal, but that's just not how you do business.

I got the same deal at the gamestop. PS2 versions were ready at 6pm...and there was a mob of some 30-50 guys at the door, too. I'll probably hit the gamestop tomorrow afternoon...unless I get real antsy and call in the morning after I go to the gym or whatever.

Edited by meangreendork

Guest e-bone

Are we Mean Green? Do we have a the fight song? Is the Video scoreboard at Fouts?

Is the game better or worse than last years?

Hold on man, I'm trying to get some screenshots of our rosters up! This is exciting!

Guest e-bone

We are in fact, the MEAN GREEN! It's great to see them get that right after being the Eagles in last years edition.

The scoreboard and video screen is in the game!

The fight song is not in the game. mad.gif

The menu screen has some awesome animations, and here are some screenshots, but they don't do it justice.

1, 2, 3, 4

Guest e-bone

I have to eat dinner now, because if I start playing then I will neglect my body's needs.

So if you have some questions, post them and I'll check it out after I'm done eating.

I just picked mine up for Xbox at the EB Games on Brinker a little over an hour ago. I didn't preorder or anything, they just said they had an extra copy of it, so I was there within 5 minutes. So far we've beaten Texas 27-0. tongue.gif

How did you get the Xbox version? Coach and I heard the Xb and GC versions aren't out until tomorrow...

As for PC...I may leave him as a Junior...hehehehehe. The render of Fouts looks much more accurate than it did last year.

I know from last year's game that you couldn't alter a player's classification.

Also Fouts does look alot more accurate with the breaks between the sideline stands and endzone stands and of course the video scoreboard.

I got to play a game at a friend's apartment...very nice. The biggest difference to me was the cutback ability by runningbacks. I ran the ball on the first play and I was able to cut sharply into the open hole just like in real life...no more awkward changes of direction and "getting stuck" behind a lineman.

Thanks for the pics, e-bone. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. The Green uni's look great, Fouts looks really accurate, and they use the slant lettering logo...which is the least of all evils in my opinion. laugh.gif

Oh, and I don't know about 2004, but in 2003 Scrappy had a really weird tale. I'm glad that's gone.

A guy on MaddenMania already simmed a whole season. From what I could gather, North Texas had a nationally ranked top 20 recruiting class, and PC went for 26 touchdowns!

The game is great. The only complaints I can come up with are that our fight song isn't in there and the stadium announcers refer to us as the Eagles instead of the Mean Green. The all-Scrappy team makes up for the shortcomings, though. laugh.gif

Guest e-bone

I started a NT dynasty, and the first game against UT was AMAZING! I kicked a field goal at the end of the first half to make the score 3-7. Then at the end of the game, down 3-7 with under a minute to go, it is 4th and 9 from UT's 35 yard line. Andrew Smith completes a pass to Johnny Quinn for the first down, but he slips by his defender and runs it all the way to the 4 yard line. From there I let the clock run down and two runs from Patrick Cobbs put the ball in the end zone to put the Mean Green ahead with 24 seconds left! UT couldn't score in the final 20 seconds and the Mean Green beat the Longhorns 10-7! It had a greatest games score of 846, which isn't bad for my first game biggrin.gif

That last offensive series was so great. I got my first taste of players not being able to hear audibles, because on 3rd down I gave Johnny Quinn a hot route, and he didn't hear it. It showed on the coach's cam, but he didn't run it because he didn't hear it. The camera shaking and crowd cheering is so awesome, it makes it really realistic.

The matchup stick also came in handy when I had a long 3rd down on the last drive. I saw that Nwigwe's defender was bad and rattled, and sent him on a fly and he caught a long pass for the first down that kept the drive alive. He got hurt on the play too, but he did his job.

Passing is definitely more of a challange in this year's edition, especially against quality teams. I only completed like 3 of 13 passes. It didn't help that HFA rattled my recievers either.

I love this game.

I think the coolest new addition is the "create a sign" option. You can come up with some hilarious things that will show when you make a big play.

And the gameplay in my opinion is twice as good. If you don't have this game, or don't have a system that will support it, put off food for awhile and buy it!

I just picked mine up at the EB games in Denton, they now have only one left for GameCube. The problem is...I have to wait 8 hours until I get home to play it. sad.gif

Okay, so we're called the Mean Green on the screen but the announcers still call us the Eagles? What's up with that?

Guest e-bone

Okay, so we're called the Mean Green on the screen but the announcers still call us the Eagles?  What's up with that?

The PA announcer is horrible. When there is a big play he sounds like his head is about to explode, and then immediately goes back to his droning.

Dude... gettin' pissed at the whole fightsong thing... PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...they need to add a "your own music" module like many games already do on XBOX, and I'll put it in myself... !@#$#$%@#$%!@#$!@

...but it owns on HD. wink.gif