OL Brian Parish Opts Out of Remainder of Season

BillySee58

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

I would think if the student/athlete can opt out of the season maybe those season ticket holders who wish to opt out of the season should be allowed also..refund.

Not me....I want my bitching rights!

Ha! Ha! I believe you were given the opportunity to do just that.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, RBP79 said:

I would think if the student/athlete can opt out of the season maybe those season ticket holders who wish to opt out of the season should be allowed also..refund.

Not me....I want my bitching rights!

The player still has his scholly and participation in non-game day activities.  This isn't a perfect parallel unless UNT gets to ask the player for a refund on scholly money.  Either full or pro-rated.

38 minutes ago, greenminer said:

The player still has his scholly and participation in non-game day activities.  This isn't a perfect parallel unless UNT gets to ask the player for a refund on scholly money.  Either full or pro-rated.

I believe they are given out year by year. They could also choose to not renew it next year. Not sure they are not renewed that often in football, but it does happen in BB

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Yes, let’s ask a player to return scholarship money after they cited familial health concerns. What a wonderful idea for future recruitment efforts!

Not to mention most of the industries we (alumni) work have been accommodating people this entire year.

When you treat people with respect, you benefit in the long run.

Edited by IdRatherNot
  • Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/7/2020 at 2:49 PM, IdRatherNot said:

Yes, let’s ask a player to return scholarship money after they cited familial health concerns. What a wonderful idea for future recruitment efforts!

Not to mention most of the industries we (alumni) work have been accommodating people this entire year.

When you treat people with respect, you benefit in the long run.

This is all hypothetical fun. I’m not proposing we actually do it. I was pointing out that the financial balance would be lost.

...I do agree about respect and relationships. One justification for taking the loss would be, people acknowledge your sacrifice, thus respect and value is gained for your institution/brand in the long term.

Edited by greenminer
  • Downvote 1