Practice notes

Marty

24 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Part of me thinks Shorter is an upperclassman.  I'm glad I'm wrong! What a specimen at WR.

Can one of our GMG.com member coaches give me a brief description of a "skinny" route?

It’s kind of like a post but instead of cutting across the field at more of a 30-45 degree, it’s a much tighter angle and more dependent on the coverage, as it’s usually meant to wedge in between a corner and the safeties and linebackers in the middle of the field. Kind of like this Shorter TD last year

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

Part of me desperately wants a QB to emerge and become the next Fine.

But you can't ignore our talent at RB.  If we establish who we are on the OL, all we need is a game manager back there.  Someone who gets the ball to the right people and doesn't turn it over.

The quality and depth at the QB position at UNT is at an all time high with the possible exception being Scott Hall and Andrew Smith.

We had some nice QBs under Dickey and Dodge but things got really tough under Mac and the smashmouth running game philosophy he brought.  Brock Bergkund was our big hope and DT was actually a Dodge recruit.  Dodge recruited a damn good QB in Vizza btw.

I love the depth we have at the QB position we have now, however I just wish that we could have given the QBs more real game experience in the Fine era.

Edited by meangreen11
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1