UTSA Gameday

Philip Ferguson

https://goutsa.com/news/2018/11/22/football-utsa-north-texas-fan-information.aspx

The birds posted this a little while ago.  They say to expect heavy traffic and there isn't any parking at the Alamodome.  Yet, when I look at Ticketmaster, there are a bunch of seats (thousands) still available.  WTH???  

7 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

https://goutsa.com/news/2018/11/22/football-utsa-north-texas-fan-information.aspx

The birds posted this a little while ago.  They say to expect heavy traffic and there isn't any parking at the Alamodome.  Yet, when I look at Ticketmaster, there are a bunch of seats (thousands) still available.  WTH???  

I’m sure they say to expect heavy traffic before all home games, just like UNT does.   There is no parking at the Alamodome because it is all permits only, not because of expected attendance.   My recollection from when I went there a few years ago is that you just have to find a random paid lot near the stadium and hoof it.  

3 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I’m sure they say to expect heavy traffic before all home games, just like UNT does.   There is no parking at the Alamodome because it is all permits only, not because of expected attendance.   My recollection from when I went there a few years ago is that you just have to find a random paid lot near the stadium and hoof it.  

Ok & thanks!  We're going to the tailgate beforehand so I guess I just stay parked there since it's only a couple of blocks.  I hope you have a big turnout at the watch party!

• Thanks 1

Parking at the Alamodome is reserved for season ticket holders, that's why there is no general parking there, but we do tailgate well.  I have an extra ticket and parking pass if anyone is interested.  My seats are behind the visitor's bench, 35-yard line (section 133, row 10, seats 1 and 2, I will be in seat 1).  The parking pass is in Lot B (best tailgating lot), there is no reserved parking, it's first come, first serve.  Because UTSA is horrible this year, there won't be a big crowd.  We had the smallest crowd in program history last home game (16,874).  We did have 42,000+ for the Baylor game earlier this year, but that was before UTSA fans knew how bad we are.  Our normal attendance is usually around the 25-30K mark.  Come on down, have some food and drink (the Alamodome sells alcohol BTW), and don't beat up on us too bad.  

• Upvote 4