Keep your heads up

meangreen2016

I do remember that on the way to consistent notoriety tcu had some big wins and knife slicing losses. Yet they pressed on and now are seen as a power in the big 12 - even in a down year.  We are taking our lumps, crashing and burning then rising up to soar once again.  

Bring it for Rice. Let’s have some fun in the fall sun. Let’s cheer this special team onto 7-2. 

GMG

• Upvote 3

@NM Green Agreed. Since you brought up TCU, look at the program they have been able to build with a consistent influx of majority 3-star recruits and good coaching (a couple of 4 star recruits per class as well). Then take a look at our incoming class- majority are 3-star recruits with some 2 stars. Plus we have a great coach. I like where we are headed and I'm hoping this is just the beginning. 

GMG

• Lovely Take 2

14 hours ago, meangreen2016 said:

@NM Green Agreed. Since you brought up TCU, look at the program they have been able to build with a consistent influx of majority 3-star recruits and good coaching (a couple of 4 star recruits per class as well). Then take a look at our incoming class- majority are 3-star recruits with some 2 stars. Plus we have a great coach. I like where we are headed and I'm hoping this is just the beginning. 

GMG

I would like to see us consistently win in all sports across the board.  It would also be good to solidify ourselves with the best recruiting classes year in year out.  Keep in mind it wasn’t that long ago when we were struggling a bit in recruiting.  So for now I would like to see us become a major power in C-USA west and then take it from there.

I keep seeing these references to how this year team is a "special" team while many others say be patient and defending how this season has gone sour because 6-2.

It's possible to recognize how the program overall has improved, but also note that we still haven't won anything (Conference Title or Bowl Game) with a coach is his 3rd season and be disappointed in that.

• Thanks 3

@MeanGreenHoops Totally agree. I want to win the conference championship every year (or at least be in the race at the end). I'm not trying to downplay any of those disappointments, because I hate losing. I still think we can keep it in our minds that this staff has done a lot with little in terms of recruiting and facilities. It is impressive. If we finish with an 11-2, that is not a "Bad" season. A lot of struggling programs would kill to be in that position. Is it disappointing in many ways? Heck yes, there were a lot of scenarios I would've liked to see play out to the end. But only 2 or 3 losses is not exactly what I expected from the team that was returning almost all of the exact same starters from an atrocious defense. You are totally right, Littrell hasn't won "the big games" yet, but he's gotten us to them multiple times now. That's more than any previous coach can say. 

Anyways, I appreciate the honesty. In order to get better as a program, we have to raise our expectations. We should expect to be in the race for the conference championship right now.