Possible? Probably not, but...

BigWillie

So in Brett McMurphy's post on FB, he says "The highest rated champion from the Group of Five conferences (American, Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West and Sun Belt) will be selected to play in either the Cotton, Fiesta or Peach Bowl. If Army is bowl-eligible, it must play in the Armed Forces Bowl."

If we do end up winning the championship (fingers crossed), is this actually possible to go to one of these bowls? I don't know what ratings they would go by. ESPN maybe?

All that comes to mind is:

350.png

• Downvote 1

Just now, Mean Green Matt said:

The CFP committee chooses the top G5 champion. I can't recall if they actually do the full 1-5 ranking. 

So, of course I am Mr. Sunshine and Rainbows, but if we spank FAU as bad as they did us the first time, do you think that might do it, or do they factor in the entire season with SoS a factor too?

Just now, BigWillie said:

This is all hypothetical. Just curious if there is actually some logic in it or if it really is just a popularity contest.

They are going to discuss the 5 conference champion and pick who they think is best. Given the current rankings I think it's pretty clear the committee thinks it's the American (whether that be UCF who would be undefeated or Memphis on just the one loss). The Mountain West champ would be a long shot after that. Is and FAU do not have a chance this year given what we are up against from the AAC and MWC. 

1 hour ago, BigWillie said:

So, of course I am Mr. Sunshine and Rainbows, but if we spank FAU as bad as they did us the first time, do you think that might do it, or do they factor in the entire season with SoS a factor too?

Well, I guess there is *some* chance but it's just about the same as Heather Locklear knocking on my door wanting to jump my bones.