Littrell post LA Tech Interview

UNT 90 Grad

5 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Would you sit his versus Army since it is a non-conference game?  Considering that it is likely that the Mean Green has clinch CUSA West Division by then?

No, you may lighten his load, but Wilson does not want that...

Let Wilson go and then you can sit him in the 3rd and 4th of games... Us sitting him, and holding him back isn't likely helping him get looks from the NFL either... Wilson has 4 games, maybe 5 left in his career if he doesn't make it to the next level.. If that was you, would you want to sit out?

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Most concerning thing there is him saying Jeff isn’t 100%.

yeah, but why did GH get away from feeding him the ball every play in the middle of the game??

we only handed it to him 20 times, and he also only caught 2 balls... 22 touches isn't enough!!!!1111111!!1!!!!ELEVEN!!!!

49 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

yeah, but why did GH get away from feeding him the ball every play in the middle of the game??

we only handed it to him 20 times, and he also only caught 2 balls... 22 touches isn't enough!!!!1111111!!1!!!!ELEVEN!!!!

Lols.   I agree... 22 touches just isn't enough, make it 30!! His body will definitely hold up all season if we do that!

17 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Just like how Fine can handle 10+ carries???

Have to run Fine, to occupy the BS LB make them gap exchange for the pull.  Creates bigger possible holes for RBs playside. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GMG24 said:

Have to run Fine, to occupy the BS LB make them gap exchange for the pull.  Creates bigger possible holes for RBs playside. 

So you're saying Fine can handle 10+ carries better than Wilson could handle 25-30??? 

LOL you thought it was crazy the hit Fine took on his slide during the game... 

• Downvote 3

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

So you're saying Fine can handle 10+ carries better than Wilson could handle 25-30??? 

LOL you thought it was crazy the hit Fine took on his slide during the game... 

Yes I think Fine can handle 10 carries a game, it was a late hit and  blow to the head, both penalties when a QB has given himself up via slide.  Carry on.  

• Lovely Take 1

Just now, GMG24 said:

Yes I think Fine can handle 10 carries a game, it was a late hit and  blow to the head, both penalties when a QB has given himself up via slide.  Carry on.  

Fine should not be getting 10 carries with the lack of depth at QB, and the # of injuries that he already has...

LMAO Carry on.. 

• Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Fine should not be getting 10 carries with the lack of depth at QB, and the # of injuries that he already has...

LMAO Carry on.. 

what would you do differently so that the opposing team wasn't playing 11 vs 10?

Just now, GMG24 said:

what would you do differently so that the opposing team wasn't playing 11 vs 10?

If UNT wants to run a QB Draw bring in Quinn and let him run/pass.. Limit the pounding Fine takes, he is already taking enough behind this OL... But you can keep exposing Fine, just like how people were questioning why Fine was in for 2nd half vs FAU... 

How is that Iowa is able to have success and they run the Power-I without a QB running the ball? 

How did teams have success before the read option??? 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

If UNT wants to run a QB Draw bring in Quinn and let him run/pass.. Limit the pounding Fine takes, he is already taking enough behind this OL... But you can keep exposing Fine, just like how people were questioning why Fine was in for 2nd half vs FAU... 

How is that Iowa is able to have success and they run the Power-I without a QB running the ball? 

How did teams have success before the read option??? 

Good comparison, Iowa to UNT.  Even ole Bama has gone away from traditional power I pro style offense and adapted to the changes in the game.  But to answer your question, they are able to have success, when they can find ways to outnumber the defense on one side of the formation and run the ball that way.  Football is a numbers game.  Count a side or count how many DBs are where vs your WR and throw there.  Tech killed us with trips bc we played 10 yards off #2 so they bubbled 2 blocked corner with 1 and the nickel with 3 and had 4-6 yards at will.  Bringing in a QB to just run the ball is losing the advantage.  

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2

Just now, GMG24 said:

Good comparison, Iowa to UNT.  Even ole Bama has gone away from traditional power I pro style offense and adapted to the changes in the game.  But to answer your question, they are able to have success, when they can find ways to outnumber the defense on one side of the formation and run the ball that way.  Football isn't a numbers game.  Count a side or count how many DBs are where vs your WR and throw there.  Tech killed us with trips bc we played 10 yards off #2 so they bubbled 2 blocked corner with 1 and the nickel with 3 and had 4-6 yards at will.  Bringing in a QB to just run the ball is losing the advantage.  

You asked a question and I gave you an example, you did not limit it to UNT.. My bad at your inability to clearly state what you are expecting... 

Multiple teams have had success with bringing in a running QB, and UF started it when they would bring in Tebow.. OU would bring in Bell.. UT would bring in Swoops last year.. The funny thing is, Quinn is likely a better passer than all of them.. Bring him in and give him the flexibility... Players talk about the leadership of Quinn, bring him in and let him spark this offense... 

20 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Also, talk about numbers... How many times have we done the "wildcat" and then run away from Fine so the numbers are even and not get anything or it take us multiple downs to get 2/3 yards...

• Downvote 8

19 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

You asked a question and I gave you an example, you did not limit it to UNT.. My bad at your inability to clearly state what you are expecting... 

Multiple teams have had success with bringing in a running QB, and UF started it when they would bring in Tebow.. OU would bring in Bell.. UT would bring in Swoops last year.. The funny thing is, Quinn is likely a better passer than all of them.. Bring him in and give him the flexibility... Players talk about the leadership of Quinn, bring him in and let him spark this offense... 

Also, talk about numbers... How many times have we done the "wildcat" and then run away from Fine so the numbers are even and not get anything or it take us multiple downs to get 2/3 yards...

You really think, Littrell and staff would leave a guy standing on the sideline if he was better? I can't continue our conversation.  Gooding or 90 must have hacked your account, that or you drank way to much today.  Anyway, I'll be at the homecoming game Saturday.  Go MeanGreen

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Haha, he's arguing with someone who actually coaches football.

Anyone can coach... It's pretty easy.. LOL UNT even helps students finding spots to coach PeeWee teams.. 

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

You really think, Littrell and staff would leave a guy standing on the sideline if he was better? I can't continue our conversation.  Gooding or 90 must have hacked your account, that or you drank way to much today.  Anyway, I'll be at the homecoming game Saturday.  Go MeanGreen

You asked how I would do and gave you multiple examples of what could be done... 

Quinn has looked solid when he has come in.. Also, SL has talked about using multiple QBs but then never does it...

Hilarious that we okay with a 1 point win vs a LT team that has had 70+ players miss a game, and countless more go down during the game.. But yet vs UAB we should have won by more... 

• Downvote 8

4 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Anyone can coach... It's pretty easy.. LOL UNT even helps students finding spots to coach PeeWee teams.. 

You asked how I would do and gave you multiple examples of what could be done... 

Quinn has looked solid when he has come in.. Also, SL has talked about using multiple QBs but then never does it...

Hilarious that we okay with a 1 point win vs a LT team that has had 70+ players miss a game, and countless more go down during the game.. But yet vs UAB we should have won by more... 

You listed, Iowa traditional Big 10 power, OU big 12 dominator, UT OU step brother, and Florida SEC team.  We don't have any of those type of dudes.  I really wish sometimes "fans" could see what goes into game planning and play calling.  Smh, we beat a really good La Tech team.  Just like we beat a really good UAB team.  Sure, could we do stuff better, yeah.  The problem is in conference, you just win and see what happens.  We could be in UTSA situation.. WE ARE FREAKING WINNING. 

oh btw, we lost to Iowa in Iowa by less than Ohio State. FWIW THE SKY IS FALLING UNT SUCKS! 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

i don't understand why you keep coming back to this... nothing about these two games was the same

also i apologize to everyone for continually feeding the troll...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

You listed, Iowa traditional Big 10 power, OU big 12 dominator, UT OU step brother, and Florida SEC team.  We don't have any of those type of dudes.  I really wish sometimes "fans" could see what goes into game planning and play calling.  Smh, we beat a really good La Tech team.  Just like we beat a really good UAB team.  Sure, could we do stuff better, yeah.  The problem is in conference, you just win and see what happens.  We could be in UTSA situation.. WE ARE FREAKING WINNING. 

oh btw, we lost to Iowa in Iowa by less than Ohio State. FWIW THE SKY IS FALLING UNT SUCKS! 

Again, you asked a question in general... I gave you examples.. Hell we have done the Wildcat vs SMU and UAB and it took us 2 or 3 tries to get 2/3 yards! Again, this came up from how to limit the hits and exposure to Fine running... Quinn is better built to take a pounding than Fine... 

The idea that fans don't understand playing is funny too... How many times does a defense have to see that inside the 10 that one side of the field will be flooded before they stop it? UAB did this, UTSA did this, LT did this for TDs... It has happened vs UNT multiple times and yet they still have NO IDEA how to stop it and these guys are COLLEGE COACHES..... Reff gave up a conference RECORD, but yet he knows how to coach... This defense has regressed not progressed... This ST has regressed and made MULTIPLE bonehead plays... 

LT is not a really good team right now.. They could be a really good team but they have been snakebitten by injuries and they are in a reboot just like we were last year.. If i had told we would beat a team and it had 25+ on the injury report, 4 or 5 more go down during the game (including their best defensive player), you would think we would win by more than 1 point... Hell the LT QB is a better Centerfielder than he is a passer! Its a solid win just because of the prestige of LT and its history.. You walk around and 85-90% of UNT students they would have no idea about LT being a G5 power.. 

No one here bashed or was upset at this W.. The point is game was TO CLOSE and should have been a bigger margin of victory... UNT needs to go out and win by 20-30 over UTEP if they reall want to get people pumped up.

Who said the sky was falling at UNT?

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2