TX FB Magazine-"BIGGEST GAME IN APOGEE HISTORY!"

PlummMeanGreen

A  high ranking staff member of Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine is agreeing that "the Shootout At Apogee " in 2 days is just that. 

http://www.texasfootball.com/HypeIndexWeek7/

UTSA at North Texas, 6 p.m. Saturday in Denton
Our own Brady Keane calls this the biggest game in Apogee Stadium history, and we’re inclined to agree with him. This feels like a huge game in Conference USA, as both teams have legitimate conference title hopes. The biggest question here will be how UTSA’s rushing defense, a week after getting torched by Southern Miss, responds to UNT’s ground game with Jeffery Wilson. This matchup feels even-steven, and might be the best non-Power 5 game in Texas this season. Don’t miss it.
Watchability Rating: 8 out of 10
Tepper’s Prediction: North Texas 31, UTSA 30

Damn ! I'm glad I had this one Fall Saturday off!

UNT Ticket Office:  1-800-UNT-2366 

:pow:Sorry, but there is no "Power 5" game in the Lone Star State that will beat the one at Apogee Stadium this Saturday evening.     

Eat your hearts out, Texas/OU &  

Enjoy your Fletchers Corny Dogs! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

Um ... I'd put the 2013 Rice game over this one.  The reasons stated in the OP also apply to that game and Rice came in as a better team than UTSA.  Add that it was on Halloween night on national TV and it takes the top spot.

I'd also take the inaugural Houston game over this one.  To FINALLY be out of Fouts and finally having a chance to compete at this level was huge. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Um ... I'd put the 2013 Rice game over this one.  The reasons stated in the OP also apply to that game and Rice came in as a better team than UTSA.  Add that it was on Halloween night on national TV and it takes the top spot.

I'd also take the inaugural Houston game over this one.  To FINALLY be out of Fouts and finally having a chance to compete at this level was huge. 

One man's junk another man's treasure?:huh:

NorthTexan95, that Rice game on national ESPN Halloween Night would have been greater had we beaten UTSA later that season.  It was magic being inside Apogee on that Halloween Night, but we will have an even larger crowd this Saturday at Apogee fighting for undisputed 1'st place in our CUSA division. 

Yet I loved being at both of the games you mentioned no matter how they rank among we fans. 

UH versus UNT:   For that game Apogee Stadium was the 2'nd state of Texas major athletic venue I had the privilege of attending its Grand Opening; the other took place in the Houston Astrodome on April 9, 1965, as the Astros hosted my childhood hero, Mickey Mantle and the NY Yankees. 

Saw my first U.S. President in person that evening, too, in the person of Lyndon Baines Johnson.   

That night in the Astrodome was a magic night & I hope this Saturday evening at Apogee Stadium is just as magical!

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

The 2013 UTSA game was biggest to me. Win it and we win the West. If we beat the Roadrunners tomorrow we still have a lot of work to do.Troy beating LSU  on the road at Tigers homecoming and then losing at home Wednesday to lowly USA proves anything can happen on any given day.

• Upvote 1