[NT Daily] Opinion: Some students find the Mean Green Brigade lacking

dmaxel

14 minutes ago, jbb123 said:

@Cerebus these are the specific posts aimed at kids that I was referring to in my initial response. 

As I said earlier, constructive criticism focused at adults is fine. These posts crossed the line. 

To be fair, those were reactions to reactions of an article reacting to how people react to the band at football games.

And seriously, we think the band is awesome. We always use them to talk crap to that weird Rice mob, or SMU band, or any other band. We always comment on how much louder they are in broadcasts, especially when they send them to an away game. They bring energy, they fill the stands.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jbb123 said:

Nobody is losing sleep over your armchair band directing. 

I have my own program to run and my own kids to teach. You need to address your butthurt with someone else. 

They damn sure aren't losing sleep over how the majority of the crowd is bored to death by the same crap.

Then again, they're probably too busy sniffing their own farts to care about anything else. Just make sure you don't lead your band like the Green Brigade has been led over the last however many years.

We have a great music program and most people are proud of it, that being said,  the level of arrogance is incredible. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, jbb123 said:

@Cerebus these are the specific posts aimed at kids that I was referring to in my initial response. 

Those are complaints about how the band looks.  You said the look is not determined by the members, but by the director.  That makes that a criticism of the director.  

The people who went public and complained about the article, they made themselves open to take feedback, that is how the internet works.  

7 minutes ago, jbb123 said:

If you didn't care, why come in here and rattle the cage?  Why then be upset when they rattle bars back?

7 minutes ago, jbb123 said:

I have my own program to run and my own kids to teach. You need to address your butthurt with someone else. 

You realize you are the one who come here to address it right?  Again, why be surprised when people take you up on your offer to discuss this?

ETA:  Also, I wanted to add that I am usually a band defender.  You can tell they are technically skilled.  

21 minutes ago, jbb123 said:

these are the specific posts aimed at kids that I was referring to in my initial response. 

As I said earlier, constructive criticism focused at adults is fine. These posts crossed the line. 

If you (or other band members) can't handle criticism then you have a lot more bigger problems that need to be fixed before going out into the real world.. 

If someone gets mad or offend by someone saying they are "butthurt", "needing to pull up their pampers", "covering up that messed up hair", or "a bunch of crybabies" then do something about it.. I don't think that GMG.com is a PC friendly place...

5 minutes ago, jbb123 said:

Some of the band has apparently been losing sleep or have taken issues with this OPINION article enough to send out multi-tweet threads about the OPINION article..

• Downvote 1