Holy Moly ISU beats OU in Norman

Harry

How is this possible?  No way.  Because based on a few mean green fans, you have to wait 3 years to rebuild, or you have to have a few years to get your recruits in to run your system, or you have to have a talent advantage. 

No way a 2nd year coach can go in Norman with good coaching and a solid gameplan and beat mighty OU with what the previous coach left.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 8

Lose the heismann and national championship goal all on the first weekend in October.  Then Aggie sitting there somehow 4-1 after the travesty that was UCLA.  Wild season boys and girls.  But first place feels fabulous and tastes great right now. 

GMG

8 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Yeah...but going in, ISU fans would have felt so much more confident and relaxed these previous 6 days had OU been 1-4 and ranked 125th? -

-sarcasm-

Rick

I can't find a definitive angle on this.

I get what you're saying.  It could make a difference when it comes to rankings and standings.  I think it makes more of a difference if you are placing 2nd or worse in the CUSA West.

If you're winning the west and you win CUSA, I suspect (still thinking about this) it doesn't make as much of a difference.  It could come into play more if we are getting into the T25.

The original context was about "luster of the program" with regards to recruits.  Who knows what recruits are thinking? Hypothetically, do they pick us over UTSA because we beat a strong team (good record), or do they pick us because a UTSA team is sitting at 1-3 and isn't attractive at all?

I like this discussion.

Edited by greenminer

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

I can't find a definitive angle on this.

I get what you're saying.  It could make a difference when it comes to rankings and standings.  I think it makes more of a difference if you are placing 2nd or worse in the CUSA West.

If you're winning the west and you win CUSA, I suspect (still thinking about this) it doesn't make as much of a difference.  It could come into play more if we are getting into the T25.

The original topic was about "luster of the program" with regards to recruits.  Who knows what recruits are thinking? Hypothetically, do they pick us over UTSA because we beat a strong team (good record), or do they pick us because a UTSA team sitting at 1-3 isn't attractive at all.

I like this discussion.

How bout a different angle to look at it from?  How bout more NT people attend the game out of interest in seeing NT upset an undefeated team, and more UTSA people attend out of sheer confidence in seeing their team ruin another home game in Denton?

Rick