'17 ATH Tre Lyday (Denison)

Marty

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

https://twitter.com/TreLyday21 here is the kids twitter, and he is 2017 HS Grad... The question is have you sent him into the staff via twitter or email?? @Marty

Doesn''t seem that he has any other offers so he could be someone to give a PWO spot too, with his rushing stats.. over 2k in rushing yards and 30 TDs

I haven't sent anything in. A co-worker told me today that NT coaches have been in contact with Tre for a while now. What exactly that means, I don't know. 

17 minutes ago, Marty said:

I haven't sent anything in. A co-worker told me today that NT coaches have been in contact with Tre for a while now. What exactly that means, I don't know. 

With nothing on twitter that, I'm assuming it would be a PWO or BS offer.. but with no other offers I would say most likely a PWO.. talented kid and honestly a great chance... We will be in need of RBs this time next year, and this team needs offense playmakers, you may pass that along to your co-worker and see if that helps the kid out. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, caleb1716 said:

I have the inside scoop on Tre Lyday. He is also is a beast in baseball, powerlifting, and track.  Over a 3.0 GPA and ACT 20.  Class rank 75 out of 240.  All this kid needs is one shot!  Check it out out the pdf below!

tre11.28.pdf

Any possibility/desire to go the PWO route at UNT?  There is definitely some need for depth at both safety positions.

10 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Any possibility/desire to go the PWO route at UNT?  There is definitely some need for depth at both safety positions.

He went on a visit last fall with another Denison athlete.  He is still open to anything.  I believe if the UNT coaches would contact his mother, start communication again, UNT could have a great pick up.   His brother was on UNT's basketball team for a few years, so UNT blood is in his family.  

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, caleb1716 said:

He went on a visit last fall with another Denison athlete.  He is still open to anything.  I believe if the UNT coaches would contact his mother, start communication again, UNT could have a great pick up.   His brother was on UNT's basketball team for a few years, so UNT blood is in his family.  

Good info.  Thanks for sharing this.

1 hour ago, caleb1716 said:

I have the inside scoop on Tre Lyday. He is also is a beast in baseball, powerlifting, and track.  Over a 3.0 GPA and ACT 20.  Class rank 75 out of 240.  All this kid needs is one shot!  Check it out out the pdf below!

tre11.28.pdf

He visited with the Rucker kid that signed with SOSU. 

Big question is with all the accolades, why hasn't Tre already signed with someone?

I'll say if the kid has twitter have him tweet at members of the staff, and even have his coach call up to UNT... With us adding a 2nd RB to the class, not sure if he would be an RB, This team I'm sure would love to take someone like him as a PWO. Would be a great addition on defense and as a returner and possible RB.

1 hour ago, caleb1716 said:

You're welcome. Pass that PDF to anybody on the UNT staff, if you have communication with them.   They won't be disappointed. 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:14 PM, Marty said: