San Diego (12/22/2016)

Army of Dad

16 minutes ago, Maduro said:

Brice played a whole 3 minutes that half

My guess is the thinking was he was not able to keep up with number 20. I would have preferred he stayed in because they are killing us on the offensive  glass. The guys need coach to clue them in here. It's tough watching from the stands and not be able to give advice. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

I left at half time... that san diego team was giving up like 75 a game and we had 25 at half! These guys run 0 offense, San Diego had inferior athletes and they made us look silly time and again because they RAN AN OFFENSE.  Wow. First game back, sat in traffic for 45 minutes to watch that.  No thanks on going back.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bullyballer said:

Brown is playing his butt off.  San Diego is very physical and we have no defense for the back door.

Bc they are running a real offense that has reads and you make cuts based off your defender being in a position, no matter where he is, he is wrong and you have something to counter it.  I miss watching good basketball at UNT.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I like this guy! You sir know your ball. We are letting guys slip to early as well.

Our best lineup while I was there is 

PG Woolridge

2 Brown/Brown 

3 Frazier 

4 Holsten

5 Combs or Green 

Bryce is still entirely too soft for a 7 foot basketball player not named Nowitzki.  He got the ball on the block early in the game took two dribbles and somehow ended up taking a freaking 10 foot baseline hook.  He was going against a guy a head shorter than him and probably 50 pounds lighter.  Muscle that man down and go up strong.  

• Upvote 4

Just now, Andrew said:

All we gots do is sneeze on them and they are calling fouls. 

Any contact while someone is dribbling is a foul.  It's a rule. We play defense with our hands all over people, some refs call it some let it go.  Guess these guys don't like it, gotta adjust your play. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

Our best lineup while I was there is 

PG Woolridge

2 Brown/Brown 

3 Frazier 

4 Holsten

5 Combs or Green 

Bryce is still entirely too soft for a 7 foot basketball player not named Nowitzki.  He got the ball on the block early in the game took two dribbles and somehow ended up taking a freaking 10 foot baseline hook.  He was going against a guy a head shorter than him and probably 50 pounds lighter.  Muscle that man down and go up strong.  

I'm down with that line up. I think Brice is soft but he has a nice touch. I believe he wasn't played much this game because the SD post players are incredibly athletic. 32 is dominating this game and Brice could not keep up. You couldn't press like you want to and you would have to run a zone with him i the center and risk giving up shots. I like Brice but this game he isn't very useful.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, Bullyballer said:
2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Any contact while someone is dribbling is a foul.  It's a rule. We play defense with our hands all over people, some refs call it some let it go.  Guess these guys don't like it, gotta adjust your play. 

If they are calling these they should really call the offensive fouls. Nothing was more frustrating in rec play then guys that just lower their shoulder and barrel it in or guys that constantly throw out their off ball arm. That dude RICO that plays in the GMG does that all the time. Learn to dribble haha. I know I cannot dribble well so I don't even bother haha. 

16 minutes ago, Bullyballer said:
6 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

If they are calling these they should really call the offensive fouls. Nothing was more frustrating in rec play then guys that just lower their shoulder and barrel it in or guys that constantly throw out their off ball arm. That dude RICO that plays in the GMG does that all the time. Learn to dribble haha. I know I cannot dribble well so I don't even bother haha. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1