Last Time North Texas hosted Navy & YouTube

PlummMeanGreen

11 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

God, Fouts was terrible.

I hated sitting in that track & field stadium since my first game as a UNT student which happened to be Fry's first season in Denton, September, 1973. To me it was an un-polishable  turd almost from its Day 1 debut in 1951 (or was it 1952)?

Jeez, folks, there was almost a distance of 45 yards from the 50 yard line seats to the football field! Sight lines were terrible all around.   (Sorry, old timers, who might somehow have an emotional attachment to it).  

A bowl for this year?  Let's have an above .500 team before we go back to the HOD & its 95,000 seat Cotton Bowl Stadium.  Back when that stadium seated 72,000 North Texas fans would have filled almost half of the stadium for the HOD Bowl in 2014.

Fort Worth's Armed Services Bowl (at TCU's Amon Carter Stadium) actually seats close to 47,000 seats & would look better on TV crowd-wise if we get to stay in DFW for our bowl game. 

We have another scholarship depleted football program because of the prior staff's recruiting M.O. so whoever we play at whatever bowl will I'm sure be more than formidable for our team so what the hell: BRING ON THE NAVAL ACADEMY MIDDIES!  

✳️ Also if we play locally,  bring as many DFW area recruits to the game as allowed, let them look at our present 2 deep so they can see how some of them can start their true freshmen year.

✳️ A bowl game will enhance this February's recruiting class no matter how you slice it & maybe even allow us to get a quality JUCO or 2 who can enroll this December.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2