3 hours ago, foutsrouts said:

Shall we bring a little more of that on over here? I spent a couple of months over there and it wasn't difficult to see this coming. Deepest condolences to the victims of those lunatics.

why?  i've never been over there, curious as to why you would expect something like this to happen

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

More murders by....as Obama called them...the JV team.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/03/23/world/europe/brussels-airport-explosions.html?_r=1&referer=https://t.co/zjHW5cYo6L

Won't surprise me if this group is connected to the recent arrest of Salah Abeslam.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/paris-attacks-terrifyingly-fatal-layers-of-resources-and-tactics-1.2580749

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

The New York Times did its part to trash Trump over his criticism of the growing refugee problems in Paris and  Brussells back in January,.. highlighting  scathing comments back at Trumpn on Twitter.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/28/world/europe/trump-finds-new-city-to-insult-brussels.html?referer=&_r=0

Gee I wonder.....in the minds of Trumps critics,...where do you think being called a "hell hole" ranks in level of concern now?

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, THOR said:

why?  i've never been over there, curious as to why you would expect something like this to happen

This article probably articulates the general climate there better than I can.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/21/europe/belgium-terror-fight-molenbeek/index.html

My apologies to anyone expecting a "Trump-like" response.

• Upvote 1

Holy war is here.  There is no panacea that will turn things around.  The typical western response only grows the ranks of radicalized Muslims.  More terrorist attacks only legitimizes the ranks of radicalized western politicians.  The cycle continues and the stakes keep getting higher.  I truly hate my vision of the world that is 20 to 30 years from now.

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, HoustonEagle said:

Holy war is here.  There is no panacea that will turn things around.  The typical western response only grows the ranks of radicalized Muslims.  More terrorist attacks only legitimizes the ranks of radicalized western politicians.  The cycle continues and the stakes keep getting higher.  I truly hate my vision of the world that is 20 to 30 years from now.

Some will always be PC pacifists and choose to do nothing until reality stares them in the face, but I don't see that the western response can be anything but to fight fire with fire at this point. What else can we do? Annihilate Israel and give them Syria and Iraq on a silver platter? Even that would only serve to give them a free and open base of operations to conduct their dirty deeds. Sad state of affairs, and unfortunately I agree with you on your vision of the future. It's going to be a tough row to hoe for quite some time.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Like Trump or not, I forgot about this little nugget.

Law of the land......Did you know this?  Seems like a pretty good code to me.

8 US Code Sec. 1182, Inadmissible Aliens.  This law was written in 1952.  It was passed by a Democrat-controlled Congress, House and Senate, and signed by a Democrat president.
"Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by president.  Whenever the president finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, the president may, by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."
All of the pundits that are claiming that what Trump said is dumb, stupid, reckless, dangerous, and/or unconstitutional, need to educate themselves.  It is already the law of the land.  And it was utilized by Jimmy Carter, no less, in 1979 to keep Iranians out of the United States, but he actually did more.  He made all Iranian students already here check in, and then he deported a bunch.  Seven thousand were found in violation of their visas, 15,000 Iranians were forced to leave the United States, 1979.
You probably won’t hear of this from our mainstream media (nor from our narcissist-in-chief), but those are the facts.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

8 US Code Sec. 1182, Inadmissible Aliens.  This law was written in 1952.  It was passed by a Democrat-controlled Congress, House and Senate, and signed by a Democrat president.
"Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by president.  Whenever the president finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, the president may, by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."
All of the pundits that are claiming that what Trump said is dumb, stupid, reckless, dangerous, and/or unconstitutional, need to educate themselves.  It is already the law of the land.  And it was utilized by Jimmy Carter, no less, in 1979 to keep Iranians out of the United States, but he actually did more.  He made all Iranian students already here check in, and then he deported a bunch.  Seven thousand were found in violation of their visas, 15,000 Iranians were forced to leave the United States, 1979.
You probably won’t hear of this from our mainstream media (nor from our narcissist-in-chief), but those are the facts.

Jimmy Carter was such a racist, fascist pig...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I don't want to mislead anyone.  The following was a comment from another person and I should have stated as such in my original post.

"All of the pundits that are claiming that what Trump said is dumb, stupid, reckless, dangerous, and/or unconstitutional, need to educate themselves.  It is already the law of the land.  And it was utilized by Jimmy Carter, no less, in 1979 to keep Iranians out of the United States, but he actually did more.  He made all Iranian students already here check in, and then he deported a bunch.  Seven thousand were found in violation of their visas, 15,000 Iranians were forced to leave the United States, 1979.
You probably won’t hear of this from our mainstream media (nor from our narcissist-in-chief), but those are the facts."

Sadly, I am old enough to remember the Iranian hostage crisis.  Jimmy Carter did, in fact, deport many Iranians and Iranian students after the incident.  Not sure if there was such a thing as "progressives" back then, but I don't recall any outrage when Carter carried this out.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

I don't want to mislead anyone.  The following was a comment from another person and I should have stated as such in my original post.

"All of the pundits that are claiming that what Trump said is dumb, stupid, reckless, dangerous, and/or unconstitutional, need to educate themselves.  It is already the law of the land.  And it was utilized by Jimmy Carter, no less, in 1979 to keep Iranians out of the United States, but he actually did more.  He made all Iranian students already here check in, and then he deported a bunch.  Seven thousand were found in violation of their visas, 15,000 Iranians were forced to leave the United States, 1979.
You probably won’t hear of this from our mainstream media (nor from our narcissist-in-chief), but those are the facts."

Sadly, I am old enough to remember the Iranian hostage crisis.  Jimmy Carter did, in fact, deport many Iranians and Iranian students after the incident.  Not sure if there was such a thing as "progressives" back then, but I don't recall any outrage when Carter carried this out.

So Republicans (re: mainly just Trumpsters) are using Jimmy Carter as a measuring stick now?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

On March 23, 2016 at 10:29 AM, DeepGreen said:

Cornell school of law has the code online.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Good lord reading that will make your eyeballs pop out...yes...I read that entire son of a &@$%.

Here is the specific wording under section 14(f)  It's roughly halfway down...about two straight minutes of scrolling on an iPhone...ugh!

(f)Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:48 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

So Republicans (re: mainly just Trumpsters) are using Jimmy Carter as a measuring stick now?

Pivot the argument. Nice try. Jimmy Carter was as much as a xenophobe as Trump. Let that sink in.

Iran at the time (and still today) had the destruction of America as priority one. Today, we allow them to make a nuclear weapon. Even the worst president in modern American history... strike that, second worst... knew he had to do something. Same thing applies to the Syrian refugees. Intelligence services are stating there are at least 400 members of ISIS in Europe waiting to carry out terrorist attacks. How do you think they got there? "Hi Mr. Refugee. We cant determine whether you are lying about your name and identifying info, and we don't know who you are associated with in your native land, but our President said you were ok. SO, welcome to America?" This is what is about to happen. We have NO WAY to vet these people. You are inviting terrorism to the streets of America. The libs on here won't change their tune after the 1st attack, or the second, or third. That is how ingrained the ideology has been embedded in them.

It's coming, and fairly soon.

And Deep is right. That was before the progressive moment and it's dumbing down of American society had taken hold.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

59 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

The mess this terrible excuse for a U.S. President has left the world and U.S. National security in is far worse than what Jimmy Carter left as his legacy.

If there is a U.S. in future years, U.S. history will not remember this  president kindly. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Terrorism has finally hit me...announced today, Gail minglana martinez, was killed at the airport by those bastards. I played tennis with her in high school and basketball with her brother Gerard all through school.  They lived a street over from me...her husband, an air force lieutenant, is in icu still and her 4 kids have differing degrees of burns...I don't like terrorists...

• Upvote 6