Would somebody in the AD please fix the online MGC account site?

oldguystudent

7 minutes ago, rcade said:

This is the kind of problem that gives UNT athletics a bad reputation among alumni who want to support it financially. I got so tired of half-assed customer service and other problems I quit the Mean Green Club several years ago.

If you're trying to give money to the school and the athletics' website hoses that job, you should complain directly to President Smatresk.

Send an email to president@unt.edu and let him know the problems you are experiencing. If you use Twitter, post a complaint to .@UNTPrez -- some organizations pay more attention to complaints on social media.

I just called his attention to this topic with this tweet:

If a few other people do the same, it might compel him to get it fixed after the holiday.

Maybe President Smatresk likes the status quo?  I cannot list any revolutionary changes.

3 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Yeah, currently shows as Graham Harrell as OC and Chris Cosh as DC. I mean, at least remove Cosh from there if you aren't going to add a coach until officially announced. Makes it confusing for the potential recruits I'm sure. 

yes...plus in the coaches directory...2 months in...our new million dollar coach & his staff have yet to be assigned personal emails....just a generic

untfootball@unt.edu. 

#thanksourvee

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

I have no comment on that Ticketmaster site thing...other than to say that it is much harder to use than it should be.  Now that being said...anyone having challenges with MGC renewals and tickets...CALL Mike Smith with the Mean Green Club at 940-565-3528.  

He will definitely take care of you. No, shouldn't have to make a call, but until this gets sorted out, don't let the frustration boil over...call Mike Smith...940-565-3528.

In the world of customer service and in this day and age. Having to make a phone call is an inconvenience to people. The online situation should have been fixed the minute people started complaining about the troubles. 

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

I'm sure people appreciate you attempting to fix a problem, but the problem is it's not your responsibility to fix this problem.

And it's always an extra effort required by the donor, ticket buyer, game attendee with this AD

Easiest job in America.

#retiredonduty

Going 1-11 or crapping the bed in basketball hurts our tix purchases, season tix holders, attendance. But this is spot on, a freaking customer making the extra effort to attend the games is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen/heard. We have over 200k alumni in DFW alone... Yet, we can't expect our Athletic Department to start rallying the people in..... The only effort a person should have to do in attending the game is walking and sitting.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, 3XL said:

yes...plus in the coaches directory...2 months in...our new million dollar coach & his staff have yet to be assigned personal emails....just a generic

untfootball@unt.edu. 

#thanksourvee

But they can immediately take Kidsey off the roster when he gets arrested, so someone has the password to the website. 

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Running the UNT Athletics website must be a part time  job down at the coal mine. 

I knew things would get better if we hired this guy!

13 hours ago, GMG24 said:

They make it pretty easy... 

http://raf.utsa.edu

Does "RAF" stand for "Rowdy as F--k"?

12 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Maybe Littrell can fix this problem and the high school coach ticket problem. 

Because if it's going to get fixed, he is going to have to gripe about it enough to get it done.

Its the culture of UNT athletics that eventually leads to frustration and give up.

#retiredonduty.

The reason people first began to think of me as a d!ck was because, once a problem was identified, if they did nothing, even when I offered assistance, I'd threaten to learn how to do their job, do a full write-up, and then go public with it.  They started to take me seriously after the first time I actually did it.  Maybe that's the stance Seth needs to take?  I hope he's more of an ass-kicker than an ass-kisser.

11 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

I have no comment on that Ticketmaster site thing...other than to say that it is much harder to use than it should be.  Now that being said...anyone having challenges with MGC renewals and tickets...CALL Mike Smith with the Mean Green Club at 940-565-3528.  

He will definitely take care of you. No, shouldn't have to make a call, but until this gets sorted out, don't let the frustration boil over...call Mike Smith...940-565-3528.

I get that KRAM is even more sunshiney than I am and that some of you find that annoying, but really...offering a temporary route to help you out gets him down votes?  That's the epitome of asininity.

8 hours ago, rcade said:

Possibly, but no organization likes a problem that stops people from giving them money.

8 hours ago, physics90 said:

Actually there are.  UNT seems to be one of them.

I was 20 when I offered to donate all of my student pay to a scholarship and was somehow copied in an email referring to me as a "horse's ass" for doing so, and then, at 22, inquired about the different levels of giving from Mandy, Rick V's old partner in crime, who told me TO MY FACE that they didn't want money from "people like me."  So yeah, any time you can give, it's good to do so in a way that doesn't make it look good for people like them.  I'm still waiting for an explanation as to exactly what type of person I am that makes my earnings so fucking undesirable to our University.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Wait til you buy club seats.  They talk to you like you're the bee's knees until you sign on the dotted line.  Then they'll call you, and I quote, "That dumbass from Lewisville" to their suite holding friends.

To be fair, that employee is gone, and the suite holder to which he insulted me stood up for me and told him to go F himself.

Nonetheless, interactions like that have really soured me on putting in any extra effort or ever considering upping the minimum amount to maintain my seats.

There is one person and one person only in the AD on whom I rely -- Reggie Johnson.  He's the one guy who ALWAYS get whatever I need taken care of, even when it's not necessarily his job to do so.  He always responds with a smile.  He'll text me to make sure everything got taken care of.  When he sees me, he thanks me for coming to the game.

Otherwise, it's been eight and a half years of getting transferred, having passes lost, getting money misappropriated, called a dumbass, struggling to get money to the AD.

Maybe the people in the main bowl and the club level don't matter because we're each worse less than 1% of a suite holder.  That's how I've been made to feel.

Bottom line:  I can deal with the losing year after year after year.  I really don't care if you look down your nose at me.  Honestly, for that, get in line, because you're not the first and most certainly won't be the last.  But.  If you're going to bother selling tickets to us unwashed masses at all, get your operational shit together.  Nowhere else in the sporting world does it take an act of congress for me to purchase a ticket to a sporting event.  Even the basketball game against Rice a couple weekends ago took me about fifteen minutes to get the mind boggling transaction of "Two general admission tickets, please" to go through.

When RV finally decides to leave his job for life, there needs to be a COMPLETE purge of the athetic department by the new AD. 

Also, once that new AD gets an email address (hopefully not in his 3rd month on the job), everyone who has experienced a problem needs to let the new AD know. Immediately.

Sadly, it will take the new AD at least 3 months just to establish the infrastructure that exists at other CUSA athletic departments.

Just simply amazing that this is allowed to continue at a major university in the State of Texas.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

When RV finally decides to leave his job for life, there needs to be a COMPLETE purge of the athetic department by the new AD. 

Also, once that new AD gets an email address (hopefully not in his 3rd month on the job), everyone who has experienced a problem needs to let the new AD know. Immediately.

Sadly, it will take the new AD at least 3 months just to establish the infrastructure that exists at other CUSA athletic departments.

Just simply amazing that this is allowed to continue at a major university in the State of Texas.

@UNT90, it is NOT amazing.  Sadly, most universities in Texas are run by BAD used car salesmen,only UT and A&M seem to know what they are doing.  With the current decline of our society, I am already seeing cracks in them also.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, physics90 said:

@UNT90, it is NOT amazing.  Sadly, most universities in Texas are run by BAD used car salesmen,only UT and A&M seem to know what they are doing.  With the current decline of our society, I am already seeing cracks in them also.

Well then, UNT is the lowest form of society when applied to athletic departments at this time. Apparently UNT is far ahead of others in societal degradation.

So... Hooray???...

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Whoa whoa let's not rush things. You know how hard it is to set up a new e-mail address or a Twitter account? I mean, I don't know, but I'll transfer you.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, the green rokemi said:

Wow all of this is making me want to call my FC Dallas rep and get full season tickets, then drop my expensive NT seats for cheap GA seats that I can buy on game day from a live person at a ticket counter

Throw in a few hookers and a case of bourbon and I'd say you have a winning recipe right there for drowning your UNT ticket blues.

• Upvote 1