MGB: Quick Littrell press conference notes

Brett Vito

I thought there wasnt going to be a search committee...

Search Firm and Search Committee are two different things.  A Search Committee is made up of parties from the company/organization that is making the hire. A search firm is someone who likely someone has no direct affiliation to the company/organization.

• Upvote 3

Search Firm and Search Committee are two different things.  A Search Committee is made up of parties from the company/organization that is making the hire. A search firm is someone who likely someone has no direct affiliation to the company/organization.

Point is we wasted more money on obvious candidates. Good AD's have a short list for all sports at all times. I don't understand why programs throw money away for this kind of stuff. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Point is we wasted more money on obvious candidates. Good AD's have a short list for all sports at all times. I don't understand why programs throw money away for this kind of stuff. 

Sometimes it is a good idea to have someone come in with an unbiased view of things and make some recommendations.  I guess we'll find out in a few years if it was money well spent or not.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes it is a good idea to have someone come in with an unbiased view of things and make some recommendations.  I guess we'll find out in a few years if it was money well spent or not.

History tells us it's money well wasted here at UNT. I get the thought process of it, but it's dumb unless a program (AD) sucks at hiring coa...oh wait. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

History tells us it's money well wasted here at UNT. I get the thought process of it, but it's dumb unless a program (AD) sucks at hiring coa...oh wait. 

As the saying goes ... "Past Performance is Not Necessarily Indicative of Future Results." We need to wait a couple years before anyone can determine how much of a success or failure this hire will be.  Again, if he rights this ship, I'd say it is money well spent.

• Upvote 2

Search firms are reality when you are talking to people under contract.  They can ask questions and set things up that you cant.  They handle travel arrangements and set up things like conference rooms to meet in private at hotels.  It is not "wasted" money.  It is necessary money. 

Yes what fly said, search firms keep things under the radar to see who is even interested. 

Edited by KingDL1

Search firms are reality when you are talking to people under contract.  They can ask questions and set things up that you cant.  They handle travel arrangements and set up things like conference rooms to meet in private at hotels.  It is not "wasted" money.  It is necessary money. 

Yeah...but, vision. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1