Location, Location, Location

Harry

I cannot help but think that being closer to his his family in Muskogee played a part in this hire.  I also like that Littrell, despite being from OK,  is more of a Texas type of guy,  He fits here.  The money is certainly going to be good, but clearly there are things more important that money, like proximity to friends and family.

I also think that proximity to high level FBS prospects plays in our favor here.  I posted an article on University of Houston being a good coaching destination.  Those of us who have followed Houston over the years know well how much crap they had to deal with from the UT's and A&M's of the world calling them stupid names like "Cougar High" and all that bullshit.  I feel like we can do very similar things as the only public university in  the metroplex playing division I football.  I have to think that Littrell as well as Meacham and other candidates considered this as well.

I also like that Littrell, despite being from OK,  is more of a Texas type of guy,  He fits here. 

xrQLBOw.gif

Now that you mention it, he does have all of his teeth.

(Not that I would make that Okie joke in front of Coach Littrell, since he seems to be a large, easily angered man and he frightens me.)

• Upvote 6