We got Idaho's attention

gangrene

That was one of the most pleasant reads I've ever had on another team's message board...

Although they seem to think way too highly of us, as a message board, and our track record of affecting change. Lol.

Well, the last time they saw us, we gave them $400k to come down here to open up the 2013 season and we treated them accordingly on the field...

• Upvote 1

"UNT AD Villarreal is not safe from the beheading either, but he may go to his old school to get this guy.....

Former Southern Mississippi coach Jeff Bower is considered a leading candidate. Bower had a 119-83-1 record at his alma mater, including 14 winning seasons, before he was forced to resign at the end of the 2007 season. Villarreal is a Southern Miss alum who was an administrator there before coming to UNT in 2001."

Oh hell no! 

"UNT AD Villarreal is not safe from the beheading either, but he may go to his old school to get this guy.....

Former Southern Mississippi coach Jeff Bower is considered a leading candidate. Bower had a 119-83-1 record at his alma mater, including 14 winning seasons, before he was forced to resign at the end of the 2007 season. Villarreal is a Southern Miss alum who was an administrator there before coming to UNT in 2001."

Oh hell no! 

Too funny, I saw that too and had the same reaction.  In fact, I had to look at the time stamp on the post three times just to make sure I wasn't reading a thread from 2009.  I don't know where they are getting that information but I'm going to say they have their facts wrong.  If Jeff Bower's name shows up on a short list of coaches, reported by a reliable source, I'll just peace out and forgot about UNT football forever.  In fact, I'll probably (see what I did there - left myself an out) do that if RV has anything to do with this hire.

• Upvote 1

Oh hell no! 

Good Lord, this would be soooo North Texas to do, it's not even funny. Get a guy who hasn't coached in 7 years and has sat at home the whole time...that would be the perfect RV hire, right there.

Good Lord, this would be soooo North Texas to do, it's not even funny. Get a guy who hasn't coached in 7 years and has sat at home the whole time...that would be the perfect RV hire, right there.

And RV would give him a 4-5 year contract and a hefty salary so Bower could retire comfortably down the road.  I would give up on North Texas completely if RV hires Bower.

And RV would give him a 4-5 year contract and a hefty salary so Bower could retire comfortably down the road.  I would give up on North Texas completely if RV hires Bower.

This is my line in the sand. The guy can't even be employed here for another hire in a revenue sport after this mess. Otherwise, the #UNTADforlife is basically going to be his epitaph.