Loss at SMU

H-towngreen

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you guys are giving Chad Morris and SMU enough credit. I keep reading in threads over and over again about how that is one of our guaranteed victories this season. That is not and will not be the case. They have talent, I would say more talent than UNT does, go back and look at the recruiting battles. They had a coach who had thrown in the towel several seasons ago. Now they have a young, offensive minded coach who will turn things around quickly. It will be SMU's first chance for a W and is at home. I hate to say it but I don't think we win this game. Call me out all you want if UNT goes in and wins, but I just don't see it playing out that way.

Just wanted to give a shoutout to myself for calling this bs.

• Upvote 4

Just wanted to give a shoutout to myself for calling this bs.

congratulations?

my idiotic belief that we would win is posted a few times in this thread--we couldn't even beat a team that won one game last year as the worst FBS team in the country...as a matter of fact, got our asses pounded. So embarrassing...

congratulations?

my idiotic belief that we would win is posted a few times in this thread--we couldn't even beat a team that won one game last year as the worst FBS team in the country...as a matter of fact, got our asses pounded. So embarrassing...

There are a few people on here, Billysee, BenGooding and myself who knew that our bowl run was a fluke and not the norm. Everyone was stoked to give Mac an extension bc we hadn't tasted victory like that in way too long. It was a horrible idea and most everyone else is not taking off the green colored glasses to see the truth. Mac must go. His game plan is stuck in 1970, and more importantly to the program, his recruiting is stuck in 1970. Remove him sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 2

There are a few people on here, Billysee, BenGooding and myself who knew that our bowl run was a fluke and not the norm. Everyone was stoked to give Mac an extension bc we hadn't tasted victory like that in way too long. It was a horrible idea and most everyone else is not taking off the green colored glasses to see the truth. Mac must go. His game plan is stuck in 1970, and more importantly to the program, his recruiting is stuck in 1970. Remove him sooner rather than later.

I didn't have a problem with extending him, just thought 5 years was way too much for a school that won't buyout anything more than a year of a contract. If you don't extend Mac after the bowl game in 2013 for at least a couple of years, you basically announce that you don't care that you became a winner finally, meaning no coach worth considering would ever look at coming here. But, in true UNT fashion, we gave him 5 years, which  makes 2017 his last year at the earliest.

I didn't have a problem with extending him, just thought 5 years was way too much for a school that won't buyout anything more than a year of a contract. If you don't extend Mac after the bowl game in 2013 for at least a couple of years, you basically announce that you don't care that you became a winner finally, meaning no coach worth considering would ever look at coming here. But, in true UNT fashion, we gave him 5 years, which  makes 2017 his last year at the earliest.

God I hope not after tonight. Unfortunately, we are probably going to see the dog and pony show of firing/demoting the coordinaters first. Then when we fail next year smastresk will make a change I just feel that he knows how important athletics are, and he isn't going to let them fail that long. 

After what happened this year, I see the board raising the Athletics fee the max % they can without needing a vote every year until we are maxed out. Kind of like tsu did. 

That at will increase our budget to where we would be close to tops in cusa