MGB: Chad Hedlund, son of UNT coach John Hedlund, now at SMU

Brett Vito

Makes sense for him to be close to his family and still have a chance to play. Wish he would've chosen the Frogs instead but they have an all-conference kicker too. SMU was the only place in the 'plex he had a chance to play. His only competition at SMUg will be two freshmen.

Edited by Cr1028

Sorry.  I'm going to call this a slap in the face.  Is a North Texas head coach going to sit at Ford Stadium wearing a Southern Meth shirt ? 

He's able to kick in FBS.  
He wants to move closer to home.
He's not good enough to beat out Moore here or Oberkrom @ TCU.  

So why can't he play at SMU?  Not a "slap in the face", and I certainly hope coach Hedlund sports some SMU gear to support his own son on 9/12... are you serious?

• Upvote 2

Sorry.  I'm going to call this a slap in the face.  Is a North Texas head coach going to sit at Ford Stadium wearing a Southern Meth shirt ? 

I think any proud UT, A&M, SMU, UNT, Tech, TCU dad would wear their rival school T-shirt in the stands cheering on his son out on the field. Family always comes before rivalry code.

• Upvote 4

He's able to kick in FBS.  He wants to move closer to home.
He's not good enough to beat out Moore here or Oberkrom @ TCU.  

So why can't he play at SMU?  Not a "slap in the face", and I certainly hope coach Hedlund sports some SMU gear to support his own son on 9/12... are you serious?

he can cheer and still wear green.

just saying....

he can cheer and still wear green.

just saying....

Come on Dad, you and me both would wear our hearts on our sleeve for our babies! You and I would be a fan boys for our kids. I'd be torn but would want my kid to fight and win.

Sidebar, I had some beers with a family who all went to SMU tonight at Henry's Tavern and they had nothing but praise for UNT. They were involved in the program too. They were pure class acts. 

Come on Dad, you and me both would wear our hearts on our sleeve for our babies! You and I would be a fan boys for our kids. I'd be torn but would want my kid to fight and win.

Sidebar, I had some beers with a family who all went to SMU tonight at Henry's Tavern and they had nothing but praise for UNT. They were involved in the program too. They were pure class acts. 

yeah, though it's not that unusual for a family member to cheer for their son and another team at the same time. I seem to recall a couple of people wearing a jersey that was seen together from two halves, one from each school.